Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my car (JTD Sportwagon) in for its Mot and its failed on a number of things, one of which was a rear trailing arm, dangerous it said and rear pads excessively worn , to be honest I did,nt look , and duly ordered the parts required, trying to ignore the rear hand brake inefficiently I decided to give the rear pads something to think about and pulled it on while traveling to the end of the farm road. Then accelerated away on the main road only to start a huge vibration from the rear, oh sh***t I thought what have I done, so drove home in disgust and left it at that.
Now that I have jacked the car up to check the right pads are the ones I have ordered, I noticed the excessive wheel wobble on the very side the failure was on the trailing arm!
The arm had completely separated from the bush, Hurray for the Mot!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
lucky lucky!!!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Just as well I got those arms ready for you last night then, I wont bother painting them as your need sounds urgent (but still, you have the worlds dodgiest landy to get you about at the mo (takes shelter from the inbound)).

<<<< Alfapat

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha HA LOL, YOUR right !
Things are are not looking rosy at the moment, backed up to the ramps with the JTD and one slipped without knowledge and grounded going over the back of one ramp and the other kept going back and reversed the towbar straight through the 156 2,5 tail lights parked inthe garage behind me------------------- its not fair!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh I know now what caused the ramp to slide it was
my wonky tranverse arm directing an incontrollable wheel!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thats the rear suspension changed , hopefully the bolts going through the tranverse arms are set up right for camber, will let everything settle down and check tyre wear and adjust the eccentric washers going through the crossbeam. If it wasn,t for the dust seal being shot on one rear caliper, this would have been a doddle and thanks to Smaky , by the way have found an excellent seal kit albeit two, on a sight recommended here, Car Brakes ? Brake Parts for Cars, just had to email them to clarify what the seal kit listed that had no image.

Hope you didn,t get an earfull and made it to the Fireworks!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Hope you didn,t get an earfull and made it to the Fireworks!
Got to the gates at Cooper Park just as the first one went off... Perfect timing, no standing about in the cold and a perfect nudge free position at the back for a quick escape, though the ears are in for a drumming tomorrow (as is the credit card).

Did you finish off the CV boot or is that tomorrows project?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hope you get it sorted!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Three pairs of gloves a roll of kim wipe some extra grease and two tie wraps later all is done. Will deposit the car back for retest today for tomorrow and then hopefully get the gear shift eased up which is easier for the garage to do on the ramps.(Its full of crud)!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ha HA LOL, YOUR right !
Things are are not looking rosy at the moment, backed up to the ramps with the JTD and one slipped without knowledge and grounded going over the back of one ramp and the other kept going back and reversed the towbar straight through the 156 2,5 tail lights parked inthe garage behind me------------------- its not fair!!!!!!!!!
What you doing to MY 156 V6 LOL. By the way I'll be up by with your ratchets tomorrow as I'll be in Elgin. (daytime) so I'll just drop them off. Bike doesn't seem to be coming home anytime soon. lol.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok ALEX,funny they haven,t found the fault yet, ah well as long as they are not charging all this time.
JTD at Arnolds, ready for pick up and all sorted presmably with Mot!

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
What you doing to MY 156 V6 LOL. By the way I'll be up by with your ratchets tomorrow as I'll be in Elgin. (daytime) so I'll just drop them off. Bike doesn't seem to be coming home anytime soon. lol.
Was that the Maroon wreck (- brake caliper atm):lol:? She's just feeling the anger of the youthful JTD geting angry at having to keep her nose outside whilst she's got her arse in the air and being fixed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok ALEX,funny they haven,t found the fault yet, ah well as long as they are not charging all this time.
JTD at Arnolds, ready for pick up and all sorted presmably with Mot!
They have found the fault it's the cam sensor, it is on order and that has been 2 weeks ago as they don't keep it in stock. :rolleyes:

My cousin is waiting for an ecu for his Vectra petrol turbo 54 plate from Vauxhall, his car has been at Vauxhall for 5 WEEKS!:wow:

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well , my car has returned with a new Mot , the back tracking settings were spot on , thankyou smaky, and the gear linkage has been freed up, I think , I will confirm this tomorrow when I take it to work, ---can,t wait!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts