Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my first MOT with my Alfa in a months time and I have been working really hard to get my old girl in good shape for it. I am happy with everything except I noticed at the weekend whilst up on the ramp that the rear wishbones\dog legs rubbers are worn and nearing metal on metal but I have zero knocks from the rear though. Would this be a MOT failure point?

Can anyone point out what the major common faults of failure are on the GTV so I can double check everything again, not that I'm nervous or anything :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
This is an MOT failure and more worrying, if its the alloy subframe that is taking the wear you need to get it done before driving it any more. I have known Gtvs scrapped because of subframe damage.

Powerflex bushes the cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mitch not really what I wanted to hear :lol:. I would be really worried if there were any noises but there arent currently and it is on my radar for my next thing to do. Can anyone please point me at the correct replacement power bushes and also somewhere in Kent that is fully equipped to do the job.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links Mitch. This must be the place that Alfa Andy was talking about at the weekend. I think he had his done there as well and he was way happy with the work.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It may look an expensive kit but add up all the parts if bought as OE from alfa - new spring pans x2, new top wishbones, new lower rear arms etc etc. You wouldn't have much left from £1,000

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts