Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mot was needed, booked it in locally not expecting much as car serviced recently and all been good.

Anyway failed on exhaust emissions (car is 2.4 diesel) and NOT modified in anyway. Failed because DPF so full of crap it was contaminating what little exhaust gases could get through.

Solution - did the well spoken of DPF and EGR 'modification' (sports remap also done while at it).

Car was retested after these and passed with flying colours plus drives like an absolute beast!

Win.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Could be so much better with a clean DPF replaced (for emissions and everybodies health)
Party pooper
Mot was needed, booked it in locally not expecting much as car serviced recently and all been good.

Anyway failed on exhaust emissions (car is 2.4 diesel) and NOT modified in anyway. Failed because DPF so full of crap it was contaminating what little exhaust gases could get through.

Solution - did the well spoken of DPF and EGR 'modification' (sports remap also done while at it).

Car was retested after these and passed with flying colours plus drives like an absolute beast!

Win.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Remap and dpf delete im sure is better for enviroment.
Def better for engine and wallet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Assuming I've understood correctly... removing the egr will increase the amount of nitrous oxide the car produces but reduce the amount of soot as the combustion temperature increases. The dpf itself doesn't really make any difference to emissions as such, it only acts to 'collect' the soot produced by running the egr and then burns it off during a re-gen. On that basis the removal if the egr and dpf will reduce the amount of soot/particulates being produced although the remaining particulates will not be 'collected'. just pumped out wherever you are. The nitrous oxide emissions will increase though. Arguably this means it is worse for the environment but better for local health since the diesel particulates are cancerous and cause respiratory problems. If you then factor in a remap and greater fuel efficiency I think it's probably marginal that it is either worse or better but I freely admit I don't know the numbers involved.:paranoid:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts