Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garage just called it has failed on the following:

Usual Airbag:- but he will reset and disable this easily enough.

But my problem on is EMISSIONS ? Speaking with mechanic he has said its very high CO2 where he believes the engine is running very rich, nothing showing up on computer anybody got any ideas what it could be please?

TIA

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Had this in past and mechanic recommended running an injection cleaner (redex type of thing) run it in half a tank for 100 miles motoring and a pass with nothing further done £4.95 from halfords

·
Registered
638 Posts
I had a similar fail on a TS. It was due to a split in the air intake hose after the airflow sensor before the throttle body.

Hose replaced and all was well.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Presuming the air filter and plugs are OK then my guess would be lambda sensors. You can monitor them in real time using MES software.
I had exactly this on a 155 TS. The giveaway was terrible fuel consumption.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do recall I have a split in the air intake pipe as it had been bodged repaired prior to my purchase will try that first? I do recall its hard to get this pipe is that still the case?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I do recall I have a split in the air intake pipe as it had been bodged repaired prior to my purchase will try that first? I do recall its hard to get this pipe is that still the case?
Have you tried breakers. 8shadesof white on e-bay (Neal) I can give you phone if you pm me or valso7 on ebay. i just got a fan from Valso and itwas cheap.

Most breakers will have parts you need.

·
Registered
638 Posts
My understanding is that if air is entering after the air flow sensor gets a false lower reading, the car doesn't know the velocity of the air and runs rich to compensate.

The heat shrink shield seems a good fix if a hose cannot be sourced.

User:Davo416 has a good solution for PH1 V6 also but is more expensive. Have done this to my V6 and has been operating normally for the last 12months.

The Davo416 air intake Ph1 V6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts