Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, thi years MOT was a fail, but not too bad really. 2 front tyres needed replacing (had that coveed by buying some but not having them fitted in time), corroded front brake pipes & front-to-rear pipe (car is now 10 years old & has gone through the last 2 winters, so not surprised) and uneven rear braking (probably caused by said corroded pipes not woking properly. Will cost a bit to do but needs must with a service as well. Get back sometime next week & that'll be another years worth of Alfa motoring. Ah the joys....

·
Registered
513 Posts
Corroded pipes probably not the cause of uneven braking, unless it's actually holed which I reckon you would have noticed. More likely something at wheel end, sticking calipers or pads high on the list.

·
Registered
260 Posts
As stated, thi years MOT was a fail, but not too bad really. 2 front tyres needed replacing (had that coveed by buying some but not having them fitted in time), corroded front brake pipes & front-to-rear pipe (car is now 10 years old & has gone through the last 2 winters, so not surprised) and uneven rear braking (probably caused by said corroded pipes not woking properly. Will cost a bit to do but needs must with a service as well. Get back sometime next week & that'll be another years worth of Alfa motoring. Ah the joys....

Glad your sticking in there,they are becoming a labour of love in these economic times!:)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, in my eyes, I'm keeping it until it dies. The fact you can buy all this car for next to nothing is a bargain for an enthusiast, but the value is so small people will just throw them away after 6 months. Some of us have got to keep them running!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts