·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nice one Hazz :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meant to point out if of interest to anyone, my car has a straight thru decat fitted, and still went thru.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
That is interesting...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have the result sheet also and I was in the MOT bay as they did the full test, the place I use do a proper test, been using them for years. I have a CF3 so there are still 2 cats on front.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
I have a CF3 so there are still 2 cats on front.
:rolleyes:
Well that would explain why it passed!

It won't pass with no Cats.

B

·
0 Posts
My SW failed on Thursday for a dodgy hand brake cable. The guy almost pulled it out of the floor - way beyond where it needs to be pulled, causing the cable to stick, causing the caliper to temporarily sieze. Each time I take my car for MOT here (Northern Ireland) I need to take my car for a 4 wheel alighnment straight afterwards (I learnt this through two ruined pairs of rear tyres on a 156 and a GT - I only realised what caused it after the second time - never thought it would be due to the MOT procees) neither cars ever needed any kind of alignment until their 1st MOT - when I point this out to the centre they state that the car does not undergo any stress or forces not experienced on the open road. I find this very hard to believe. £40 on top of all the MOT costs is a pain.

A

·
0 Posts
Are the precats in the manifold? Are they there to pick up emissions faster (quicker due to warming up faster) than the main cat?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts