Alfa Romeo Forum banner

MOT Airbag - my lucky day?

862 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  alfakenny
Airbag light on, MOT next day. No time to set-up TRWScan so figured I would try and disconnect pin 13 (bulb GND) at ECU cable end. Hmm all looks a bit tricky. I know I'll take bulb out. Hmm Instrument cluster out and on kitchen table but again not looking easy to access. One last throw of dice - remove binnacles from cluster, gently lift up the membrane
over the airbag/ doors open/ seatbelt lights and slip a bit of black tape betweem the bag light and membrane - bingo ! No light and 16 hours later fresh crisp MOT.

My pennance though was to replace the rear pads as he put me on an advisory. Got them off
and they still had about 4mm on... hey ho..

JS
See less
Airbag light on, MOT next day. No time to set-up TRWScan so figured I would try and disconnect pin 13 (bulb GND) at ECU cable end. Hmm all looks a bit tricky. I know I'll take bulb out. Hmm Instrument cluster out and on kitchen table but again not looking easy to access. One last throw of dice - remove binnacles from cluster, gently lift up the membrane
over the airbag/ doors open/ seatbelt lights and slip a bit of black tape betweem the bag light and membrane - bingo ! No light and 16 hours...
See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Wish mine was as easy as that!!

The dash cover on my daily (406 v6 coupe) has peeled away from the metal backing, this caused a fail!!
I know have more of the dash removed from the car than is in place whilst I wait for my eBay purchase to arrive

G

·
You were very lucky and the Tester lazy. He should have checked to see that the light operated for a second or two when ignition switched on....You were very lucky!....Er, where is he?:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.