Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airbag light on, MOT next day. No time to set-up TRWScan so figured I would try and disconnect pin 13 (bulb GND) at ECU cable end. Hmm all looks a bit tricky. I know I'll take bulb out. Hmm Instrument cluster out and on kitchen table but again not looking easy to access. One last throw of dice - remove binnacles from cluster, gently lift up the membrane
over the airbag/ doors open/ seatbelt lights and slip a bit of black tape betweem the bag light and membrane - bingo ! No light and 16 hours later fresh crisp MOT.

My pennance though was to replace the rear pads as he put me on an advisory. Got them off
and they still had about 4mm on... hey ho..

JS

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Does your car not have airbag connectors under the passenger seat? That's the usual cause for an illuminated airbag light on the 156 147 and GT. I created a 'fix' thread in the 156/147/GT lounge, its sticky'd in the 'how to' thread if that's of any use...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wish mine was as easy as that!!

The dash cover on my daily (406 v6 coupe) has peeled away from the metal backing, this caused a fail!!
I know have more of the dash removed from the car than is in place whilst I wait for my eBay purchase to arrive

C

·
0 Posts
You were very lucky and the Tester lazy. He should have checked to see that the light operated for a second or two when ignition switched on....You were very lucky!....Er, where is he?:lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I take it there for a good reason. The guy is older and possibly more sympathetic to 'classics'.
BUT he would not pass anything dangerous that's for sure..

JS

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This is a grey area abs must come on and go off (if fitted) but some testers interpret the airbag rules as no light no problem also the engine management light is " aparently" exempt

·
Registered
307 Posts
mine has passed twice with airbag light on. Mind you the guy who does the MOT describes my car as the one with the barely legal exhaust. Guess what advisory I get every year?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts