Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had to post this query again as it dissappeared , together with some more information, you can pick up some play further in on the rod, as I don,t have eper I can,t find out if its a replaceable part?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Alfapat

Here is a link I have saved from the other forum for ePer.

Fiat Eper Parts Catalogue - Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum

I am currently having issues with the ball joint end of my track rods (can't loosen the locking nut!) & have been looking at the section in ePer. From what I can see the rack end of the track rods is part of the rack assembly. It is probably removeable from my experince with other cars, so may be you could find one from a breaker.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks have downloaded eper yet again ,so will see how it loads.
Meanwhile there is not a lot too see is there , I still think its possible to tighten up, but its only a very small movement at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downloaded the version that was linked to this thread , it takes awhile and had to do it three times, however unzipped it and burnt to disc and then loaded it , and it will not show car variants or accept vin numbers.
Has anyone had this and is there a way of solving it please?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My old ePer CD 2005 works OK, but I would not expect the rack end joints to be easily obtainable. Perhaps a rack rebuilder? Back in the 1990's I changed mine on the Thema, but the rack was damaged and the scrap replacement had the track rods burnt through to remove them.
Does it still move when the engine is running?

If you email me with the numbers you have I will check ePer.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the threads earlier got me through to eper and it doesn,t look as if they are orderable separately, its something that I can monitor if it gets worse, apparently EB Spares have them , I will see how they get on as I know the guy I am selling to , and if they are are problem ,I will tackle them then, (such a good guy Iam!).:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alfapat

Here is a link I have saved from the other forum for ePer.

Fiat Eper Parts Catalogue - Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum

I am currently having issues with the ball joint end of my track rods (can't loosen the locking nut!) & have been looking at the section in ePer. From what I can see the rack end of the track rods is part of the rack assembly. It is probably removeable from my experince with other cars, so may be you could find one from a breaker.

Good luck.
The nearside trackrod end balljoint is a left handed thread, and has to be "tightened" to get it loose, if you see what i mean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts