Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 156 went in for MOT today (fingers chewed to shreds) , passed with 2 advisories: Nail in n/s/r tyre. And O/s/r "rear lower suspension arm has slight play in a pin/bush[2.4.G.3]"

Will this be the trailing arm or the transverse arm? Or do I just have to jack it up and have a look? Although I'll probably just do the whole lot if they're fairly easy to do?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nail would have worried me more than the MOT would tbh.
lol, I'm more worried about the osf corroded brake pipe, ns perished outer gaiter and holed osn inner gaiter... all are jobs on my to do list, with the brake pipe at No1, although I'll have to get the tyre sorted tomorrow, only been on ther for a short time!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake pipe is hard to see unless you look for it, outer perished gaitor- poss advisory? inner is obvious as grease is being chucked out onto lower wishbone/subframe (small hole) but still, not a fail. I haven't spent any time under the back of the car, so have no idea about the condition the suspension apart from a quick peek. More poly bushes required me thinks.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
... where did you take your car (might have to take mine there in future :lol:)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the Mrs's saab to a different garage a while ago, I had a list of things to do on that one, but the only thing that they failed it on was a headlamp which was "a complicated electronic issue and requires in-depth investigation" they didn't mention the handbrake (2 hand pull for the mrs to get it to lock on a slope) or the other stuff it should have failed on (all easy DIY stuff). Guy's face was a picture when after telling me on the phone "it's a tricky one and how long's a piece of string" I wandered up, popped the bonnet, wiggled the relay....oooh loook 2 headlights on. I'll have a green one please.

I took the Alfa to a different garage 'cos pass or fail I wanted it to have a half decent once over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts