Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My car passed the MOT and along with my usual advisories of 'corroded backbox' and 'undertray covering components', I have the following:

1. Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover damaged, but preventing the ingress of dirt offside front upper [2.4.G.2]. This was an advisory last year also.

2. Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush nearside front [2.4.G.2].

He said no.2 has to be replaced before next MOT or it will fail. So am I right in thinking I just need to replace my front drop links to correct both of these? Are these difficult to do? I have tools (jack, axle stands, socket set etc). I will just need to drive somewhere where it is flat, maybe halfords car park again lol

Also, is it worth to uprate the drop links with maybe these Meyle ones? Or stick with the OEM ones?

I was trying to figure out where this noise like a slight rumble was coming from when going over rough road at low speed and it's probably because of the slight play in the link.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yes both drop links required and I would go with the Meyle ones personally. Do the drop links first then recheck for the noise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Went for the lemforder ones in the end. Didnt like the idea of the Meyle ones being so stiff. I think its lemforder that are OE for BMW and Mercedes. Bought a couple of extra spanners and hopefully takke it this week end.

You can see from the attached pictured the point no.1 from my MOT.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts