Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,quick question.

If my car's MOT is up at then end of February , i book a MOT test for 2 weeks earlier and it fails.....am I still insuranced to drive it for the 2 weeks left on the original MOT ?

The DVLA haven't a clue....passed from pillar to post....anyone know for sure ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would assume the new test negates the original. You can book a test up to a month in advance and if it passes you get a 13 month certificate. Insurance companies may say as the most recent test is a failure, you shouldn't be driving it. Just an opinion.

G

·
You MoT is valid until the expiry date, full stop (I asked that very question of VOSA). However, if you submit the car for a test and it fails and you carry on using it, you could be prosecuted for any defects but not for having no test.

In the days of the paper certificate it didn't matter because only you and the tester knew it had failed (unless you got a pedantic plod who crawled all over it). Now the dibble and the wombles have access to the system which says what your car failed on. The key piece of information we don't have is whether the ANPR system will flag up your car as having a valid certificate but having failed a test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts