Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Most annoying thing that hits the windshield?

• Snow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rain

• Bears

• What windshield, there's no windshield!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What might it be?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Get your rocks off, get your rocks off honey...... They're pretty annoying when they hit, good thing they've never caused any damage, so far.

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Bears? I hope you're not having homocidal thoughts :eek:

I have a mate who was driving into work and realised he'd forgotten his kit for our footie game after work, punched his windscreen and shattered it! :lol:

I remember once driving back into Congleton late at night, on auto-pilot if you know what I mean. A grit spreader went the other way, and the absolute racket the grit made hitting my windcscreen scared the crap out of me.
Oh, and I had a lorry throw up a stone once and put a 6 inch crack in my screen too, which lengthened by a bit every time I hit a bump.

·
Registered
734 Posts
had the windscreen on my GTV cracked by a stone..

Had it replaced no probs... first time out in the GTV I got the windscreen cracked by a stone :mad:

:rolleyes: Really enjoyed that insurance phone call.....

JaB

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Was in Norway last September and saw the car in front hit a deer. What a mess!! (both the car and the deer!) :( No more windscreen for that driver! :(

Other than that, the most annoying thing that hits my windscreen is the laser that keeps painting me from a mobile copper-money-making-van on the way to work. :mad: :mad:
Keeps my Snooper on its toes though! ;) ;)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Used to drive from Portsmouth to Winchester every day over the country lanes. It would seem this is suicidal-bird-central :eek: .

In the six years I did that journey I must have hit something like 10 pheasants, 3 pigeons, a magpie and a couple of crows. I have also seen a dead owl and several dead deer :(

My other half still does that journey every day.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I've had my windscreen cracked by stones and birds(the flying sort, although stilettos are dangerous...) but the most annoying was when i punched the one in my Senator and shattered it. That was one big, expensive bit of glass.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Green Cloverleaf said:
In the six years I did that journey I must have hit something like 10 pheasants, 3 pigeons, a magpie and a couple of crows. I have also seen a dead owl and several dead deer :(
Blimey :eek: ...Is this for real? ... Two cows :eek: ... you must have made some insurance cliams in your time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Rocks, of course. I had to replace my windshield last year because of a that. :rolleyes: But then, come on and drive here during summer... you'll get all the bugs in the universe hitting your windshield! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
kurzon said:
Blimey :eek: ...Is this for real? ... Two cows :eek: ... you must have made some insurance cliams in your time :rolleyes:
It says cRows you wally :D ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
bazza said:
It says cRows you wally :D ;)
:eek: :eek: ... it still read as cows until I really looked hard :eek:

... well thanks for politely correcting me on that one Bazza ;) ... I feel indebted now ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Do you use spectacles, Kurz? :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Fortunantly it's all in my insurance. That's probably why I pay almost 1000€ every year.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Worst one:

The boss had a nice new Jag S-type sport - had it two weeks when a bull deer decides to immolate itself across the front of the car on the A34 one night it not only smashed the windscreen to smithereens but dented the roofline bonnet (until it was stopped by the engine and both wings... She was extremly luckly the legs caught the roofline otherwise they would have come through the windscreen and probably killed her.. Jaguar didn't write off the car for some reason....

luckiest one:

Me in 6 month old deep metallic blue Bravo HGT (3 cars ago) incident indelibly etched on my brain ...Hineken delivery truck pulls out in front of me onto fast lane of M61- I'm doing 80-85 & kicked up a wheeltrim that had been lying the fast lane of the motorway - I'm overtaking a car beside me so nowhere to go and there is a wheeltrim - metal wire and all heading for me via my windscreen...

Luckily it's spitting so windscreen wipers on intermittent and by a million to one chance the trim hits the wiper trashing it totally - the down sweep actually scratched the glass wheel leaves a scratch on the roof as it bounces but hey I'm still alive...

had to drive to the nearest exit with no wipers, and a pair of brown trousers too....

Simon.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Whoah Simon, lucky escape!
This was my lucky escape, the windscreen took all the power out the stone.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
MT

Nasty one mate - Very lucky - flying glass and all that...

looks like some smaller fragments knocked holes in the bonnet too!

Or was it an early version of forced air induction.... ;)

Simon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts