Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:

my alfa has sat quite happily down the drive for a week, just getting dusty.

so yesterday i didnt quite have the inclination to match the effort thats required to wash and wax.
well its only dust, so ill go to morrisons and give her a light wash and spray wax and ill be happy with that this time...

:wow:

now shes sat in the drive looking terrible, white scummy blotches all over that are a pain to remove.

whatever that spray wax is its made a weeks work for me.

only t cut removes them but im still left with a horrible smudges.

i did speak to the duty manager who was fine once i showed her the car, she offered 40.00 or alternatively i could address this mess through thier insurance department whom ill be contacting in the morning.

the bottom line here is i know theres no easier way of keeping my alfa looking as good as she does without a days work.

i actually love getting her up and sparkly, i should have left it for another weekend. :rolleyes:

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
It's called 'recycling'. Well, they've got to do something with all that 'past its sell-by date' yogurt - can't just throw it in the bin, that'd be very wasteful, :lol:.

Seriously though, I feel your pain. For quite a while now, I have trusted nothing other than myself armed with appropriate cleaning materials to keep my bella gleaming. I go mad at the tiniest mark so I can imagine how you're feeling right now. :mad:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Thats a terrible thing to happen.

I hope they get it sorted for you.

I use the jetwash quite often on my car, mainly in the winter to get all of the salt and crap off the underneath.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JetWashes can be hit or miss. Sometimes I get it, the car looks great, but by the time I get it home to dry it off properly, the sides are still dirty with lines through it where the jet washer made a direct hit.

And the "Jet" garage at the bottom of the road, the buzzer is broken, so you have to guess when the cycles end. Can be difficult to tell when the brush has ran out of foam, and you have wasted a minute of rinse!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah well,
would have got away with it if id avoided the spray wax.

ive never known paintwork to be so tricky.

i think the red is the worst to keep. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Or so thin! mine seems to scratch at the first sign of a leaf on its roof. :mad:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(this case has gone foward to the morrisons insurance department.

i hope its not the same department that deals with the millions of claims due to the full english breakfast heart attack club!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
i did speak to the duty manager who was fine once i showed her the car, she offered 40.00
If I were you, I'd take the £40 and spend it on having the car professionally valeted.

I couldn't be bothered with all that insurance company hassle.

And make a mental note not to use the Morrison's jetwash again. :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im assuming id need the buffing kit and some kind of grinder type electric tool but to be honest ive no idea really and how much the kit would cost.

i got a letter today explaining that this incident has been escalated to store management!

at the top of the letter in centre they state

without prejudice

blimey im sure it doesnt take too much sorting out.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well ive had an exceptional result today...
while ive been battling with morrisons, my other motor also became a victim to a company up the road from my works car park who fabricate and paint steel products. so approx 8 weeks ago some numpty decided that painting some steel I bars outside was acceptable except the wind was suited only to those with boats with sails.
so alot of cars got a nice fine sprinkle of some kind of clear paint inc mine.

long story short i rang the boss today whos responsible and due to being messed about and after explaining to him that i would indeed carry out the work myself to remove the paint if i had the equipment.

monday i will be buying a clay bar polishing kit all paid for in cash by them.

it took one phonecall and its sorted! :wow:

ive still to phone morrisos on monday regarding an incident report that was filled out today and should have been done at the time of complaint,, total and utter wasters. :confused:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks ollie,

i spoke to the chap who has valeted over 200 cars due to this and he said the same...

its not rocket science, its just having the gear and some common sense.

no special chemicals no secret theory,

cheers :thumbs::thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i get a letter today from morrisons.

-due to the delay in reporting this incidence morrisons insurance company feel it is not reasonable to be held responsible.
(used car wash at approx 15.00 sat, went to store the next morning at approx 10.00 to complain. at the time after washing the car was wet and i was none the wiser til the next morning)

-had i reported it right away then i would of had the opportunity to give store management to view the damage.
(i reported it the next morning and the duty manager looked over the car with me and agreed with me, and offered 40 pounds wich i refused)

-there was no other reported incidents relating to the jetwash.
(how does that make any difference, my car is immaculate and really only a weekend car unlike every other vehicle)

-it functioned all day without any problems and so they are confident the facility was operating in the correct manner.
(they are confident the facility runs in a correct manner, even when it does not and they get complaints)

-you use the facility entirely at your own risk.
(we supply a facility and service that if goes wrong we are completely unresponsible for)

so all the above is word for word in the letter i got thismorning!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am very interested in what you all have to say on the above before i go to either a solicitor or citizens advice.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If there is any sort of notice on or near the wash that states the following:

-you use the facility entirely at your own risk.

(and bear in mind it could be a teenie tiny thing that you wouldn't even notice if it weren't pointed out to you)

Then I suspect you're on to a loser, mate. Sorry.

Wish you all the best with it though :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and there is aparently!

this is why i have a teenyweeny sign on my back gate that sais,,,

please be aware that if you are a thief, umwelcome, unwanted visitor please be careful when jumping over this gate as it has barbed wire that could cause seriouse injury!

i might if im lucky be unresponsible for any injury that i might cause to some poor soul who wants to rob my home,

not a happy camper but hey what can we do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts