Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya.

After many moons of having 'vanilla' cars, currently a Merc C250 estate, the time has come to get something that demands a bit of care.

My initial questions were going to be the usual "What to look out for" kind of thing, however, after reading the 159 (it's a 2008 159 1.9 Lusso with seemingly most of the worrying bits sorted that I'm gravitating towards) info thread, I'm not going to bother asking them, I'm just going to increase my overdraft :paranoid:

Anyway, as this will be taking away my Alfa virginity, expect lots of schoolboy questions. Unless I find the answers hidden away in the depths of the forums of course.

The vehicle in question may be being steered by my sweaty little palms as soon as next week, fingers crossed my first plea for assistance won't be moments afterwards!

Enough already.

Mike.

·
Administrator
88,035 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't go for the 159, have ended up with a work in progress 156 1.9 diesel... Expect more questions than originally anticipated :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Good skills in fooling us with the 159 :lol:

O and welcome to AO :thumbs:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Bradders

Fully intended to go for the 159, honest!! Then saw this neglected 156, I think it's the Moneypit model?

Been faffing with the neutral position thing today... WTF is that plastic spring/plunger/thing... I'll look at the necessary pages. Again. :read:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts