Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I have a problem that only seems to happen in the morning with my 147 2.0 selespeed. First time i turn it over it fires up, the rev counter goes to 1.5k then within a second it drops to 0 and the engine cuts out. Second time I fire her up she is fine, and continues to be fine all day until the next morning.

ANy ideas

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not had chance to do that yet, i tend to start up the car while im out of it while getting the kids in. will give it a try.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Hi all,I have a problem that only seems to happen in the morning with my 147 2.0 selespeed. First time i turn it over it fires up, the rev counter goes to 1.5k then within a second it drops to 0 and the engine cuts out. Second time I fire her up she is fine, and continues to be fine all day until the next morning.

ANy ideas

Thanks in advance
+1. New crank sensor, Maf, and cold start sensor changed. If I dab the accelerator it fires up.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Finally tracked down my problem, 2 coilpacks later:wow:, car starts and runs perfectly.:thumbs:

·
Registered
230 Posts
My 147 has exactly the same problem and, whilst not a major issue, it is annoying. Can I ask how you tracked it down to a coilpack problem? Don't want to spend loads on these to find it might not be the problem

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
My 147 has exactly the same problem and, whilst not a major issue, it is annoying. Can I ask how you tracked it down to a coilpack problem? Don't want to spend loads on these to find it might not be the problem
Process of elimination, finally bit the bullet and took it to an Indy who confirmed it:thumbs:
Should have been smart and taken it in from the off:tut: added bonus fuel consumption vastly improved:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts