Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a newbie saying hello. I live in Ireland, and I have a 156, em, and a 33, and em, two 164s, so I was really looking for directions to the AA (alfas anonymous)....

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
rustyQV said:
Just a newbie saying hello. I live in Ireland, and I have a 156, em, and a 33, and em, two 164s, so I was really looking for directions to the AA (alfas anonymous)....

And this addiction is keeping you up till 4 in the morning - you must have it bad ;)

Welcome to AO - pleased to say you'll find yourself among friends who understand :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome fellow alfaholic :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks All for the welcome. The late hour was from watching the "daughter cars" attempting to qualify in Australia....

·
Registered
913 Posts
morning again

nice selection of alfa's you have there, did you find them hard to locate in ireland or did you get them in the uk?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Matt. All here, even the 33 since new - bought the year they sold about as many Alfas here as in Britain. (90)

Oh and another member of the "put Gerry Campbell's kids through college" school <g>

·
Registered
913 Posts
good to here!! you wouldnt be able to point me in the right direction / best source of finding an early 155 / 75 or 33? as you seem to have the historical collection:)

many thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really not sure if there is a "best source". The aforementioned Gerry in TI always seems to be in the way of sourcing really nice well-looked-after Alfas. The "service dealers", Alasta, and Dave Kennedy, sometimes have them, but other than that I think it's down to serendipity on the generic car buying websites where the very occasional gem appears.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, DeNewbiefied, cool -

Alfa 33 1.5ti - Nero '90 100k (these days more donor car than original)
Alfa 156 1.8ts - Argento '02 20k (daily driver.)
Alfa 164 24v - Nero '96 45k (I know the motronic fault list by heart)
Alfa 164 QV - Nero '95 80k (work in progress !)

Pics to follow, if I can beg a digital camera somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts