Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One for the sud floor, has anyone had any experience of the Morgan Carbtune device? sold predominantly for bike carb tuning but the website does say it's suitable for cars with carbs fitted with blanked off outlets which i think the Weber and Dellorto's have. Any comments welcome or on other suitable devices.. as I would welcome a diy product..

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I heard it's extremely useful for the twin carb boxer models.
I want to buy one some time next year when I'm in the UK.

At the moment I have just 2 needle vacuum gauges, with a home made damper from fish tank air valves.
Does the job ok but the carbtune would be much more practical I think in one package and to view all 4 barrels at once.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
I've used one on bikes. Very sensitive & a good long scale, which makes it very easy to use & to get accurate settings with. Much easier to use, & probably more accurate, than dial-type vacuum gauges.

Thoroughly recommended!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, much appreciated, sounds like a good investment then..brit01 they do post overseas and there also on ebay, although seem to be doing similair money to new ones, which seem reasonably priced..

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
We got one almost a year now for JKBsprint.... Very useful , in fact thinking of getting one for myself..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave, stick Morgan Carbtune into Google and it'll give you all the details and pic's, happy to bring to Mitcar if you want a free trial ...ive ordered it today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts