Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I must have dropped a mirror under a ladder while kicking a black cat (don't kick the cat :tut:). After replacing cambelt, water pump, thermostat, head gasket the MAF has decided it doesn't want to work with all the new bits & thought that making me put almost twice as much petrol in would be a good laugh. It's now disconnected while I wait for a new one, that'll teach it.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
have a look at the thread for Vauxhall MAFs as the Bosch sensor is the same as an Alfa, but in a different Vauxhall shaped tube at £50 instead of £150, just need some tamper proof torx bits to get the sensor out.

HTH

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A couple of 145 owners over on Alfa145.com who have recently bought the Vauxhall MAF have reported that the tube is the same size so the whole thing fits straight in, tube and all meaning there is no need to swap the sensor into your existing tube :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
A couple of 145 owners over on Alfa145.com who have recently bought the Vauxhall MAF have reported that the tube is the same size so the whole thing fits straight in, tube and all meaning there is no need to swap the sensor into your existing tube :)
:thumbs:I bought and fitted a Vauxhall one a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, shall be taking a trip to local Fuxhall dealer, was nearly tempted with a £23 from ebay until my common sense kicked in :lol:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Don't go to a dealer - you'll get ripped off. Just get it off the net. It's a genuine Bosch MAF (part number 0281002180). This is assuming of course that your car is has the CF2 engine with the plastic engine cover. If it's a CF1 engine then you are stuck with the ridiculously priced original one.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
a guy on 145.com called trek is breaking both two 145s, I think they are CF1s, the interior suggests so, he can be tricky to get hold of though, another alternative would be one from a 155 facelift as the engines are the same for the last couple of years of 155 production.

HTH

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Don't go to a dealer - you'll get ripped off. Just get it off the net. It's a genuine Bosch MAF (part number 0281002180).
a place called Just Vauxhalls is where I got mine,

it confused the postie with that on the package and confronted with a drive full of Alfas :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts