Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've been reading all the posts on spark plugs. Apart from the NGK plugs, people keep refering to Bosch plugs that can be bought a lot cheaper.

Has anyone actually used the plugs, and if so what models are they ?
Also are they long life (50K) or just normal plugs (10 - 20K) ?

I asked the guy in the local motor factors and he tried to cross reference from a Bosch manual using 2 NGKS i gave him, and said he couldn't find a match for one of them ??

Sorry to drag this up again, but service is due.

Ger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the cheapest plugs i have found are ngk about £7.21 each(trade)alfa plugs seem to be £24 each.

·
Registered
550 Posts
HERE IN SOUTH AMERICA THE SET OF 8 ORIGINAL NGK FOR THE 16 VALVS. COSTS U$S 150, BUT NO WAY THEY ARE THE BEST TO USE.
REGARDS
JORGE frown

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
When I bought some Alfa plugs the dealer said they were rebadged champions! OK so I have an 8V but champions work fine and are cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ger,

I am trying the bosch platinum plugs at present in mine, 6000 miles no probs yet, although I'm not sure they are available for the 2litre 16 valve engine. I know that the super 4's are though, however they are quite expensive, and I think the general view has become that it is a false economy buying cheaper plugs in the long run, especially if the genuine ngk long life are now available at around £7 each.

I might try e-mailing Ian at alfasalv to see just how much he is selling them for as apparently Alfa dealers have or should have just halved the price to!

Regards

MAK

164 Super

100% FREE OF BMW PARTS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts