Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, yet again i have more problems. When I start my car first thing it fires up as it should but when pull away it looses all will to live. it doesnt cut out i have to dip the clutch and rev it a bit then after that it will pull away gradually. Once i have got it going it is o.k.
The only way i can explain it is pulling away without a throttle. the other issue is a type of tapping noise, i think it is coming from the left hand side at the top of the engine. sounds like a noisy tappet but i thought they were hydrolic.

So far i have had the crankshaft sensor, air flow sensor and thermostat replaced. I have replaced the plugs and replaced the coil pack with one from a 2001 2.0L ts.

Thanks to anyone who can give me advice on these very frustrating problems.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the parts you replaced where they becaus of diagnostic readings that they were replaced or 'wild-fire' trouble shooting

if the latter i'd suggest getting a diagnostic done to prevent you wasting money on items not needing replacing.

you could have Lambda issues or CAT issue

what year is your car?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts were replaced due to other issues which are now corrected for now. it is a 99 on a T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts