Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More Dales, More Twisty Roads & Possibly A Fleeting Glance At A Viaduct: 08-11-2008

The regional representatives from the north of England are organising a meet at The Marton Arms Hotel near Ingleton in North Yorkshire on Saturday 8th November at 1pm.

Each individual representative will be organising a run to the venue from their own particular region.

If you would like to join us then please RSVP to the event thread in the Yorkshire lounge

~

and also look out for details of the route in your own area lounge.

Thank you for your ongoing and continued support.

The Alfaowner regional representative team

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: More Dales, More Twisty Roads & Possibly A Fleeting Glance At A Viaduct: 08-11-20

Here's the route I have planned;

• Meet at The Scotch Corner Hotel, DL10 6NR, at 10.30 for a 10.45 start.

• Drive up to The Tan Hill Inn, DL11 6ED and regroup.

• Drive down Buttertubs Pass and regroup at The Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre in Hawes, DL8 3RN.

• Drive on to The Marton Arms Hotel, LA6 3PB and arrive at 12.55, just before everyone else.

The total distance is just less than 60 miles and the driving time will be 1 hour 40 minutes plus 2 x 15 minute breaks at the regrouping points.

What do you think?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Re: More Dales, More Twisty Roads & Possibly A Fleeting Glance At A Viaduct: 08-11-20

sounds like a sterling plan to me :)

Do you know which road you're turning off the A66 onto? as I'll probably catch you at that point.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here's a Google Map of the route.

·
Registered
452 Posts

Ummm now I would love to come along but moor roads don't agree with my car at all. Its just too bl00dy low and heavy! I onto sump number 3 at the moment and would like to prevent another sump-v-tarmac incident . .
Should I or shouldn't I come out to play . .:confused:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ummm now I would love to come along but moor roads don't agree with my car at all. Its just too bl00dy low and heavy! I onto sump number 3 at the moment and would like to prevent another sump-v-tarmac incident . .
Should I or shouldn't I come out to play . .:confused:
They'll be a couple of pretty low GTAs coming along. I don't think your car is any lower than them and give you stick close to the back of the group you should be OK. ;)

·
Registered
725 Posts

I can't recall any nasties along those stretches of road when I did it last year - bar a couple of dips. As Roswell say's stick to the back and you'll be fine..

·
Registered
452 Posts

I drive a smoker - so will be at the back anyways :(
Bacon - I got the H&S lowering springs and Bilstein shocks. One of the original Veloce shocks gave way and Alfa wanted £300 for one :wow: so I bit the bullet and shelled out £800 for the H&S/Billy kit. It is quite low now and harder than before. It needed to be as speedbumps would bottom it out before!! :cry:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

Would love to join you chaps but as its a Saturday Sky Footy calls!

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts

They'll be a couple of pretty low GTAs coming along. I don't think your car is any lower than them and give you stick close to the back of the group you should be OK. ;)
The 2.4 engine is a lot taller than the V6 though, if you look under the car the sump on the JTD is a lot lower than anything under the V6. In fact on the JTD the sump is the lowest point under the car. Its a bloody daft design :rolleyes:

Mine was well battle-scarred. :eek:

However, I didn't find it too bad over the moors roads. That was on over 100k old Sportpack suspension, that did bottom out coming too fast down over speedbump..

·
Registered
452 Posts

Yeah I always thought it a silly design. Fancy making the sump stand out so much on such a front heavy car. Well if I take it easy and watch for nasty yumps and hidden dips I 'should' be ok. Be a shame not to come and play.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts

Im at a wedding in Northumberland so no can do. Have fun though.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

In the style of Jon Spiderman, here’s a little taster of what’s in store;

Buttertubs Pass (click the picture to see a bigger version).

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

DXE, Pablos, SIF and Vespa have replied to the main thread in the AOY lounge but haven't posted here yet.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

DXE, Pablos, SIF and Vespa have replied to the main thread in the AOY lounge but haven't posted here yet.
Sorry Boss :rolleyes: :) Route looks good,I'm with you all the way :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Sorry Boss :rolleyes: :) Route looks good, I'm with you all the way :thumbs:
Good lad. ;)

·
Registered
15,637 Posts

I may be going to this meet. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts

yip its defo for me:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts