Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who live in the SE area, next weeks episode of Car SOS on More 4 will be the 1962 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider. If this weeks episode was the Nissan Skyline, then the next episode (6) is the Spider.

Car S.O.S - Episode Guide - Channel 4

This wont be the same all around the country, my brother near Bristol had episode 6 last night.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Excellent - been looking forward to that one. Fuzz, the mechanic is an acquaintance of mine as he's married to an old friend and he is also a very nice guy...

...he suggested his respray facility could be made available for my 105, once the metalwork is finished, on a friendly basis - so I have decided that a full respray it is :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Thanks for the heads up - found it on Freesat , starting Sunday - its a great show, so much better than that s/h car dealer on Wheeler dealers

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
See now, I'd enjoy a show that had Fuzz and Ed China, fixing things up - Mike Brewer would be allowed to buy the car at the start and the other guy from Car SOS didn't feature at all. Probably wouldn't be a programme for the masses though...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Not the best quality but for anyone who can't get it or wait ( the others in the series are good quality)

http://youtu.be/EIt8_tLC4eU

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And in the South East

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would have like to have seen how the patch work quilt of the body was repaired and what was done (if anything) to put the crash damage right

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
That is the problem (for me) with this kind of show. Despite fully restoring a car, they barely actually show any of the work done at all, maybe 2 or 3% if that. I know the average viewer isn't actually interested in much other than larking about and end-result - but I am

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
That is the problem (for me) with this kind of show. Despite fully restoring a car, they barely actually show any of the work done at all, maybe 2 or 3% if that. I know the average viewer isn't actually interested in much other than larking about and end-result - but I am
Its TV I'm afraid, wouldn't sell otherwise, at least Fuzz knows what he's doing as does Ant in the other series, Fuzz's tip for replacing a cambelt on the Skyline was new to me, perhaps not new to a garage but I thought it was great.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I wonder if the brakes pull? They showed Fuzz fitting the brake shoes - those on the left had riveted woven asbestos linings, those on the right had bonded asbestos-free (judging by the colour) linings!

. . . & what happened to the chrome exhaust trim visible in the workshop? It wasn't there when they handed it over!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike and Ed are playing with a spider right now (9:00pm) on Quest...
Yes just finished watching it. How many times did they they have to suggest Alfa Romeos have a reputation for rust, talking about a 1972 car like no other car from that period ever rusted!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I think they were struggling to get an hour long episode out of what was fix the dent, floor and carb seals... And that's with a 1/4 hour of a revisit.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Just finished watching the car SOS episode. What a lovely car.
I know they have to cater for the general audience but I could do with less of the contrived dialogue and pretend horror at the state of the car, and more of "this is how we fixed this" and "this is where we finally found the wings/front panels/clocks" or whatever.
But that would be boring for most people and at the end of the day its a good programme if you have it recorded and can fast forward some bits.
Thanks AlfaRed Brera for the heads up on it.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Really enjoyed it, great to see any Alfa on TV.
And it even featured about 30 seconds on the (Brera) Spider :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
"But that would be boring for most people and at the end of the day its a good programme if you have it recorded and can fast forward some bits"

Exactly - I'm afraid the majority of people (even blokes) are not petrol heads and these series would die without the audience figures so compromise is needed, I really enjoy watching them (apart from Brewer) even though they do skip a lot - however I also enjoy Ice Road truckers (being an ex trucker myself) and that is a truly terrible series... but it makes me laugh

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Also an interesting feature on Fifth Gear on ITV4 last week about a 1960's Spider that had been 'restored' but fitted with a 3 litre V6 engine.
IIRC, anything from £60-£100k to have one :wow:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More4 Car SOS, its on again tonight, Sunday 29th

1 - 20 of 24 Posts