Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you reckon then chaps? Been a long time coming but they finally arrived from Italy. 19-inch 8J/9J config QV alloys. An optional extra for 2.0 models. Genuine Alfa parts from a reputable seller (hence selling my 18s in another post).

Still not sure about the dark met grey. Car is Stromboli Grey. The wheels do look extra-dark in the car pics but they do pop a bit in the sun. May get them powder-coated in silver but at least they hide the brake dust! They may just take some getting used to. It looks bloody mean!

Attachments

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,534 Posts
They look great as they are....Id only be getting the colour changed should they get chipped. Did you have to pay VAT and import tax when they rolled up or was that done before that point?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm VAT-registered and you have to register with Dachser who set you up an account and invoices you re import duty and/or VAT. I haven't received anything or heard from them yet though! They took about 10 days to arrive from Stefano - the 'infamous' Alfa Giulia wheel dealer in Italy. There was a minor chip to the lacquer - very, very tiny that I was able to touch up. I can't even find it now but they refunded me £70!

However, I think it's worth tracking down the right wheels for the right model. I was tempted by a couple of 8.5J and 10J full QV sets but, on a Veloce, they just look too wide and odd. I'd rather have the correct wheels for the car then it won't affect the insurance either - as they are a bonefide Alfa optional extra.

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I really like the contrast with the Stromboli Grey. If you do decide to change to silver they would probably contrast well with the chrome scudetto but, for me, I like it as it is. (y)

Out of interest, what boots did you fit in the end?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm VAT-registered and you have to register with Dachser who set you up an account and invoices you re import duty and/or VAT. I haven't received anything or heard from them yet though! They took about 10 days to arrive from Stefano - the 'infamous' Alfa Giulia wheel dealer in Italy. There was a minor chip to the lacquer - very, very tiny that I was able to touch up. I can't even find it now but they refunded me £70!

However, I think it's worth tracking down the right wheels for the right model. I was tempted by a couple of 8.5J and 10J full QV sets but, on a Veloce, they just look too wide and odd. I'd rather have the correct wheels for the car then it won't affect the insurance either - as they are a bonefide Alfa optional extra.
Interest point on the insurance. I was wondering today if that were the case. As for the choice in wheels, I followed your lead - mine are due for delivery Monday 😀

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interest point on the insurance. I was wondering today if that were the case. As for the choice in wheels, I followed your lead - mine are due for delivery Monday 😀
Cool, so the same dark grey QV style wheels (8J/9J) - genuine Alfa? I thought they were too dark at first but am getting used to them. For a moment I thought they were refurbed but that was probably my paranoia! They reassured me they are straight from the factory and are brand spanking new. I wouldn’t have expected Alfa parts to have a perfect, flawless finish! Let me know what you think when they arrive. What colour car are they going on?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool, so the same dark grey QV style wheels (8J/9J) - genuine Alfa? I thought they were too dark at first but am getting used to them. For a moment I thought they were refurbed but that was probably my paranoia! They reassured me they are straight from the factory and are brand spanking new. I wouldn’t have expected Alfa parts to have a perfect, flawless finish! Let me know what you think when they arrive. What colour car are they going on?
Yes, same supplier and colour. I was toying the options up and was looking for a genuine set when you mentioned the ebay seller being able to get them so jumped on it. Mine will be going on a red car. ETA is Monday for them.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the contrast with the Stromboli Grey. If you do decide to change to silver they would probably contrast well with the chrome scudetto but, for me, I like it as it is. (y)

Out of interest, what boots did you fit in the end?
Pirelli Powergy all round. Non run-on-flat. Got some squirty tyre weld for the boot. Wheels are balanced perfectly and they are definitely quieter than the run-on-flats!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, same supplier and colour. I was toying the options up and was looking for a genuine set when you mentioned the ebay seller being able to get them so jumped on it. Mine will be going on a red car. ETA is Monday for them.
Good stuff. Post some pics once they’re on! Mine look much better now I’ve glossed the tyres with some brilliant McGuiars tyre gel!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
They look great, and as you've said they look better again if you keep the tyres dressed and looking darker black than the wheels.
You wont notice it so much on a silver car but I've changed from silver to anthracite coloured wheels on my last 2 cars, red Brera and my blue Giulia and both times they seem to make the colour darker and richer looking in contrast.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Strange that insurance companies vary on their attitude to after market add ons.
We contacted ours re the spec of car and the only thing that they were concerned about was the Drivers Pack regarding the Ltd Slip Diff.
When we mentioned all the other packs, they classified them as factory options so attracted no extra premium, even those fitted in the UK rather than in Italy.
We then mentioned aftermarket alloys with trepidation, and again said that they would attract no extra premium and we would be OK to use them even though they will be a different size to OE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts