Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes you can buy it at any Alfa dealer who actually have knowledge of it which looks like very few do. It can be used at any authorised dealer. Alfa need to send a memo to read previous memos or alternatively start paying me as a service consultant ;)
Good news, on ringing for an update on my car, I asked again about the service plan deal. This time (different person) looked into it on the phone and came back and said that yes I can take up the deal. Going for the 3yrs. Will sort it on collection of my car!
So Knutsford Mangoletsi are now aware, for anyone else that goes there ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Had the same experience with my dealer Bishops in Guildford.
They say they cant do it and they also said the same about the 8Y8K warranty which Mike at LC Motors subsequently sorted for me with no problem.
There should be no such inconsistency between dealers. :cautious:

So I will be going back to Mike for the service plan as well. (y)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Wow what nice helpful people they sound at Liscomb ... 3yrs bought

Cheers MG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good news, on ringing for an update on my car, I asked again about the service plan deal. This time (different person) looked into it on the phone and came back and said that yes I can take up the deal. Going for the 3yrs. Will sort it on collection of my car!
So Knutsford Mangoletsi are now aware, for anyone else that goes there ;)
I phoned them a couple of weeks ago about it and I’m still waiting for them to call back with an answer!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I've just picked up my Quadrifoglio from LC Motors after its 36,000 mile service. It was fully covered by the 3 services plan I bought from them.
Money changed hands only because I asked them to do the MoT at the same time.

Labour was a full day plus one hour for the service. Parts were a set of spark plugs, auxiliary belt, oil and filter and sundries. They did use the Selenia Quadrifoglio oil and not a cheaper inferior substitute.

In addition to mine, they had two other Quadrifoglio's in for servicing, another Giulia and a Stelvio.

I'd strongly recommend LC Motors as an AR approved workshop for anyone within reach of Newport.

Andy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I phoned them a couple of weeks ago about it and I’m still waiting for them to call back with an answer!!

I spoke to Ryan, but I am yet to pick my car up as they are working on it, (changing buttons on my steering wheel to make the RHW work, go figure!)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd strongly recommend LC Motors as an AR approved workshop for anyone within reach of Newport.

Andy
3 Year Service plan arranged yesterday over the phone by LC Motors.
Good chance I will make the 100 mile trip up there in future for services as both of the 2 dealers closest to me (Bishops in Guildford and Snows in Southampton) refused to offer the service plan.

·
Registered
379 Posts
They can't refuse to do the work though.
Indeed they can't.

However I would prefer to take the car to someone who I know will do a good job and has a "Can Do" rather than "Can't Do" attitude!

Driving 100 miles for a service is no issue for me as the only reason I bought the car was for the fun of driving it. 😁

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
3 Year Service plan arranged yesterday over the phone by LC Motors.
Good chance I will make the 100 mile trip up there in future for services as both of the 2 dealers closest to me (Bishops in Guildford and Snows in Southampton) refused to offer the service plan.
Perhaps they are reimbursed at a lower rate for labour by Mopar than what they usually charge?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Perhaps they are reimbursed at a lower rate for labour by Mopar than what they usually charge?
Spot on!!

Gianni at LC Motors did say that but he also said they view it as business so have no issues with doing the work.
Probably why the other dealers are reluctant however .

As seems to be often the case with a lot of dealers both car and motorcycle these days.
Once you bought the vehicle they dont want to know you esp for anything that happens to be FOC or not profitable for them.

·
Registered
Giulia Speciale 2017
19 Posts
Big thanks to Metalgod23 👍 .
My dealer , D Salmon Cars (Colchester) knew nothing about the Mopar plan despite repeated calls. Wanted £370 for 48k service.
1 call to Lispcomb , £499 3 year service plan sorted.
D Salmon have just done the 48k service as part of the plan , no questions asked. They even forgot to charge me for courtesy car 😂 .

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Thanks both.

I got my extended warranty through Mike at LC, so would probably go that route as well. Andy - can you confirm once your's is all done and I'll go the same route?
Hi Hamfisti - can you tell me about the extended warranty please - how much does it cost?

·
Registered
33,762 Posts
My dealer , D Salmon Cars (Colchester) knew nothing about the Mopar plan despite repeated calls. Wanted £370 for 48k service.
D Salmon have just done the 48k service as part of the plan , no questions asked. They even forgot to charge me for courtesy car 😂 .
The loancar is paid by Mopar , I was told, on my 5 3 5 plan.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Another satisfied customer ;) As cue2 mentioned courtesy car is free, some dealers just charge for insurance. Glad to hear the service plan works in practice. Lipscomb probably get a commission or admin charges from this so they would not mind all the business.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Oh by the way can the OP or admins change the title of the post and remove the Beware? It evident the Mopar plan works and is great value. If anything it should "beware dealer service costs".

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought the 3yr plan from lipscomb and have my car booked in for it’s 2yr service at my local main dealer , however they knew nothing about the plan and I am still waiting on a call back from them just to clarify it’s ok for them to use the plan for my service..😡... I’m expecting problems with .

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I bought the 3yr plan from lipscomb and have my car booked in for it’s 2yr service at my local main dealer , however they knew nothing about the plan and I am still waiting on a call back from them just to clarify it’s ok for them to use the plan for my service..😡... I’m expecting problems with .
Lipscombe will have / should have entered your purchase of the plan against your car in the Mopar system and this should be obvious to your local dealer who shouldn't make any attempt to charge you.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Lipscombe will have / should have entered your purchase of the plan against your car in the Mopar system and this should be obvious to your local dealer who shouldn't make any attempt to charge you.
This is correct..the service plan is loaded against your Reg/VIN and must be honoured. It is dealer ignorance.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts