Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems getting a Mopar quote to extend the warranty on my Stelvio. It expires at the end of January and I am going round in circles. I have tried the dealer I bought it from and two others (official Alfa dealers) and have also spoken to Alfa customer care who told me I should be able to buy one from any main dealer. All have said they only offer third party ones.

I have now emailed Alfa customer car but it seems asking on here might be the best solution

Have any of you managed to do this since Stellantis took over Alfa? If so please tell me how you did it!!

I shouldn’t be surprised (and I’m not) that this is proving difficult, this is Alfa :rolleyes:

I am not wanting to go down a third party route on this.

·
Registered
42,172 Posts
I think all dealers prefer to get their commission on selling warranties and service packages. Have you tried Lipscomb of Maidstone as they sold me the Mopar service package when Ancaster tried to play deaf when I asked them.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think all dealers prefer to get their commission on selling warranties and service packages. Have you tried Lipscomb of Maidstone as they sold me the Mopar service package when Ancaster tried to play deaf when I asked them.
No I’ll try them, thanks but all have told me they can sell me a service package but I already have one of those

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have received a phone call from Alfa customer service.

To get a Mopar extended warranty you have to buy it within 15 days of buying the car from a dealer regardless of how long the warranty has to run.

How bizarre is that?

Explains why none of the dealers could offer me anything but a third party warranty. Shame the dealer didn’t tell me this when I bought the car from them.

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce, Stelvio Speciale
1,192 Posts
I can have and have been offered a 12 month extension to my 3 year Giulia warranty which runs out in Nov as long as I do it before the original one runs out.
Having said that not sure if it's Mopar or a dealer warranty extension.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just checked...
My dealer offered me an "Alfa approved warranty for £599."
Can you check if it’s an Alfa Mopar warranty please?

I can get an RAC Premium one for three years for around £750, looks excellent.

I guess dealer third party ones are agreed as Alfa approved if they come from a dealer?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Can you check if it’s an Alfa Mopar warranty please?

I can get an RAC Premium one for three years for around £750, looks excellent.

I guess dealer third party ones are agreed as Alfa approved if they come from a dealer?
I will ask the question.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Had a response from my dealer this morning, its changed ...

"Alfa Romeo has improved their warranty- their chosen partner is Allianz but is branded Alfa Romeo warranty.

Pipes and hoses are now covered, along with a hire car for upto 10 days.

However now on vehicles upto 4 years old only a 2 year plan can be purchased which is £1199!"

·
Registered
2,599 Posts

"Alfa Romeo has improved their warranty- their chosen partner is Allianz but is branded Alfa Romeo warranty.

However now on vehicles upto 4 years old only a 2 year plan can be purchased which is £1199!"
Ok so thats interesting? Do you have any more information on the policy? Which dealer was it? Would be good to see their policy manual to see what it is covered.

A lot of guys in a WhatsApp group I am in are currently using the Motoreasy policy for their extended warranty cover, this new Allianz policy could be a better solution?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ok so thats interesting? Do you have any more information on the policy? Which dealer was it? Would be good to see their policy manual to see what it is covered.

A lot of guys in a WhatsApp group I am in are currently using the Motoreasy policy for their extended warranty cover, this new Allianz policy could be a better solution?
The dealer was Research Garage Nuneaton.
I dont have policy info and wont be going for it as I want to upgrade to a Quad next Autumn so 2 years would be a waste.
A quick search online shows I could get a 12month warranty for around £250. No idea if its worth the paper its written on though I will check out Motoreasy. I have till Nov when my existing 3 year warranty runs out.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The dealer was Research Garage Nuneaton.
I dont have policy info and wont be going for it as I want to upgrade to a Quad next Autumn so 2 years would be a waste.
A quick search online shows I could get a 12month warranty for around £250. No idea if its worth the paper its written on though I will check out Motoreasy. I have till Nov when my existing 3 year warranty runs out.
Cheers Navelt, I might give them a ring to find out more info.

So the WhatsApp group I am in currently have an agreement for discount with Motoreasy for cover on Quadrifoglio's, but there is some debate about the level of that cover. From what I am hearing, a lot of those independant warranties are just not worth the paper they are written on, one guy recently had an issue with damaged hoses causing other problems. I think he had a real headache trying to get it covered.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Cheers Navelt, I might give them a ring to find out more info.

So the WhatsApp group I am in currently have an agreement for discount with Motoreasy for cover on Quadrifoglio's, but there is some debate about the level of that cover. From what I am hearing, a lot of those independant warranties are just not worth the paper they are written on, one guy recently had an issue with damaged hoses causing other problems. I think he had a real headache trying to get it covered.
I know, hoses are not normally covered as I found out when I had a second hand car many years ago with an "RAC Gold warranty", it was worthless. The small print needs to be read carefully.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why do you like to buy a warranty? Is it to protect against the possibility of a catastrophic failure you couldn't afford to rectify? Otherwise, I would have thought, it ain't worf it Alfie.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why do you like to buy a warranty? Is it to protect against the possibility of a catastrophic failure you couldn't afford to rectify? Otherwise, I would have thought, it ain't worf it Alfie.
Many parts on any modern car can be expensive to replace, and with the Quadrifoglio that's no exception, in some case a highly tuned car will require more expensive stock items that standard variants. The manufacturers warranty expires typically after 3 years, so to have a warranty as a back-up should anything go wrong is a safety net.

It's obviously a completely personal choice. I have two years left of my Alfa cover but I imagine once it's elapsed, I will look to an extended warranty, particularly as I use my Quad as a daily (approx 20k miles per year).

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I know, hoses are not normally covered as I found out when I had a second hand car many years ago with an "RAC Gold warranty", it was worthless. The small print needs to be read carefully.
Thanks Navlet!

I have looked at the RAC one and thought it looked OK, going to have to do some further investigation.

I 100% want an extended warranty though. I have had a mega bill in the past for a new engine when the turbo let go on my 159. Not risking that again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts