Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Just read this in the paper and he does have some good if fairly obvious points. I just think if he'd have came, seen and conquered then he would have a different view.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just read this in the paper and he does have some good if fairly obvious points. I just think if he'd have came, seen and conquered then he would have a different view.
Probably a very valid point.

He is right about NASCAR and it's entertainment though, far superior fan package to anything that F1 has offered for as long as memory recalls

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
the NHS are thinking of offering vidoes of NASCAR races as an alternative insomnia cure:cheese: :cheese: round and round and round and round and round and round, out goes the safety car so the telly can go for a break:rolleyes: 2 hours later they are still going round and round and round and round and round, dull uterly dull 'racing' only the crashes liven things up a bit.

F1 isnt much better though, but at least they turn right occasionally:rolleyes: and use technology from this century rather than the 19th:rolleyes:

i may take comments like these more seriously if it was from a driver who could actually hack it in F1 and not a whinger like montoya.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My whole body went freezing cold just watching that :(

RIP Kalitta
Sorry I didn't realise that video was there on the article, it wasn't when I first saw it yesterday. I don't really agree with showing that type of thing:(

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I clicked a link to go and watch it. There are a few posted up on YouTube now. I've enjoyed Kalitta's passion for the NHRA, the fact he retired twice and came back time and time again shown that. Sadly, he died at the strip that started his career.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
NASCAR is a boring sport unless its an oval track IMO. Throw too many corners in and it confuses them and the safety car has to be deployed.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Roll your eyes if you want mate but i saw sunday nights race and there was bugger all racing taking place.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Montoya couldn't master F1 it's no wonder he talks up NASCAR its the WWF of motorsport.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I can't watch NASCAR 'Road Course' racing too slow and fecking boring :(

But ovals are :cool: .... especially the superspeedways :thumbs:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Fair point, but on the whole F1 is far better to watch. I dont mind watching the ovals in NASCAR but thats about it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts