·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Yes, some of them colors were truly hideous... :eek:

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I've also asked the seller of the Chavved up 155 why his 2.0 16v has a v6 badge. Should be amusing !!!

Something long the lines of......

"Iss ta make da uvvers in me massif fink tha is a blingin' mo-oer and to scare dem losers in da Saxos inta finkin it's fast. Innit" :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Tifosi1976 said:
Oh, I've also asked the seller of the Chavved up 155 why his 2.0 16v has a v6 badge. Should be amusing !!!

Something long the lines of......

"Iss ta make da uvvers in me massif fink tha is a blingin' mo-oer and to scare dem losers in da Saxos inta finkin it's fast. Innit" :tut: :lol:
can you link to it cause i searched but no 155's with v6 badge that i could see ?

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No prob with the colour for the car, as you say, it's period. but WHAT a colour..........man.

Oh, got this rply from Chav155, She's a Layyydeeeeee. ! :eek:

This message was sent while the listing was active.
jayneant is the seller.

just for decoration .my boyfriend thought it looked good.thank you jayne

Well yer boyfriend's wrong love. It looks cack !!!!!!!! :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Good one Tor. After reading the replies I was going to say that, but then again, I'm a child of the late sixties too :eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Aahhhh, Fraser, a man of good taste! ;) If it weren't for the ridicolous Danish taxes I would place a bid too. I can sure import it, and afford it, but what's the use if a set of licene plates is going to set me back twice the amount of what I paid for the car in the first place :rant:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Loverly colour :cool: Used to have a Honda Firestorm in orange, I loved it, most people hated it. When I came to sell it only had 2 women ring up, a nice swedish lady from Edinburgh bought it eventually. Must say something about orange vehicles.
Or me ;)

·
Administrator
47,038 Posts
Toronto Spider said:
I don't see a problem with the colour. It is period and it suits the car.
I'm with you there.
I can see exactly the point the original poster is making, it is, by all measures, a terrible colour for a car, but when you put it on the right car, like that, it manages to look great.
In exactly the same way as Rick's car looks fab, and I'm not taking the mickey like normal there. If you describe the colour to someone, they'd think 'yuk' but when you see pictures of Rick's car, it looks fabulous.

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
bazza said:
I'm with you there.
I can see exactly the point the original poster is making, it is, by all measures, a terrible colour for a car, but when you put it on the right car, like that, it manages to look great.
In exactly the same way as Rick's car looks fab, and I'm not taking the mickey like normal there. If you describe the colour to someone, they'd think 'yuk' but when you see pictures of Rick's car, it looks fabulous.
I once put together a model of a Mustang Boss 429, a late 60's model. I painted it bright orange, it looked awesome. :cool:

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fraser said:
You're welcome :confused:
Ooops. meant Bazza. :eek: ...........for this......"I can see exactly the point the original poster is making, it is, by all measures, a terrible colour for a car,"

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Tifosi1976 said:
Ooops. meant Bazza. :eek: ...........for this......"I can see exactly the point the original poster is making, it is, by all measures, a terrible colour for a car,"
I prefer the lime green myself!

G

·
Hoygaard said:
Aahhhh, Fraser, a man of good taste! ;) If it weren't for the ridicolous Danish taxes I would place a bid too. I can sure import it, and afford it, but what's the use if a set of licene plates is going to set me back twice the amount of what I paid for the car in the first place :rant:
5 more years, and it will be 35 years old and a Veteran Vehicle.

Special taxes on those you know ;) I just checked up on the Tax of a ´71, 1800 Veloce Spider which will be 35 come newyear ... 2k Euro, which is LOW in Danish tax terms!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I know... If I had a valuable old car I would sell it to some one say in Germany, claim a refund of registration tax, and then re-import it after it's 35 year birthday :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
as an owner of a 1970's orange car, i feel i have to defend the 'retro' look. :p
although austin rover managed to come up with some totally uninspiring colours ?

a wide range of flat looking browns, greens & beige ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What a bargain................I prefer the brighter colours for the Monty - suit the character of the car.

The brown is my 'least favourite'. (says the owner of a 'volcanic black' aka brown/aubergine 166 ;) )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts