Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct board but I thought you guys would like it :D

Besides moneypit #1 (a.k.a. the 156) I made the mistake to take on another Italian... An Autobianchi A112 Abarth, which has been used for quite a few years as a trackcar. It has also participated in the Abarth Coppa Mille, which is a raceclass for small Italians with engines of approximately 1000cc. Stripped, roll cage, bucket seat, plastic windows.. that sort a thing.. Well, I bought it, and the idea is to get it back on the road as-is(isch), legally :lol:

Had a few issues though, only had slicks, drive shafts were a pain in the *ss leaking gearbox oil all over the place, dampers were f*cked, and just a whole lot of little things that were either worn or missing :rolleyes:

Good thing is: It is nearing completion and it will (hopefully) get its registration back on the 24th of February! Once it's on the road it will get an additional seat (less fun driving alone, and I need a navigator for those point-and-arrow rally things) and maybe a dash of paint. Somewhere next year I want to do some engine work to get the thing really moving.. 100hp doesn't sound like much, but on 650kg it will be exiting enough ;)

Latest bit of test driving: http://youtu.be/68SAacLLxqA

Yes, it is all over the place, wheel alignment 'needs some attention'.. Floor it and it wants to send you in the ditch, release it and it will send you into oncoming traffic! Why is this something that is not even checked in our version of the MOT :cheese:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
:cool: money pit though :lol: :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts