Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents.

Have inherited a strut brace from a TS GTV I just purchased..

All cleaned up,painted and the plan was to put it in the V6.

Can get no definitive answer to this but basicaly,

Will it fit..?

Are the momo braces for ts and v6 different..?

Many thanks

Joe

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Well the top mounts are bolted in exactly the same place, so mounting shouldn't be a problem, when you place it in the V6 engine bay does it touch any parts?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will know the answer to that tomorrow.

If not may either sell it or stick it in one of my twinnies. ..

Havig a Q2 put in the V6 so thought a strut brace would be another nice addition...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Will know the answer to that tomorrow.

If not may either sell it or stick it in one of my twinnies. ..

Havig a Q2 put in the V6 so thought a strut brace would be another nice addition...
Well if it fits I'll be interested to see a piccy. Not got one yet.

If you like the Q2 LSD as much as I like my Quafie ATB, then you are in for a nice surprise just kept your foot down all the way around the bend.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually having a quaife fitted, superior to the torsen imo as you know.

Have a quaife in the GT..

With 600nm on tap it would be undriveable otherwise!!!

It certainly makes for better turn in and gives you the confidence to push on...vital in a fwd car as it kicks in around the point where you would notmally bottle it and lift off..resulting in oversteer and a hedge backwards...:)

I wouldn't be without it in any fwd car with decent power.

And I hear bad things about the diffs in the 3.0 and 3.2's,its as much about saving 2k on a potential gearbox rebuild as anything.

I can't understand why alfa didnt fit one from the factory ? They had the very decent viscodrive in the fiat coupe so a drop in was available.

Always one step from greatness with silly cost saving decisions.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I'm after a strut brace for my Twinnie if it doesn't fit although the GTV slush fund is a bit low at the minute after buying the interior (which the current Mrs Nelly is still "going to make me pay for"... moral of the story is always check over your shoulder when buying stuff online for the Alfa). You've got me e-mail if you decide to sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts