Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was giving my new baby a wash/polish/wax today.

After standing back & admiring my handy work I got cleaned up ready for a drive.

Turn key....nothing

Try again all is dead :wow::mad:

Panic begins to set in.Are those Alfa stories true?............

Turns out a battery connection had come loose :lol:

Peace & harmony returns :inlove:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew - we all have those moments of panic.

Glad it was so simple.
Cheers Paul.

It certainly raised my heart rate for a while :lol:

On the plus side my bonnet open warning light has now fixed itself :)

Mine must like water

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Mine did exactly the same, washed it and drove to the local co-op parked right outside on the double yellows, ran it and out hoped into car - nothing ?? and all them awful thoughts go through your mind !!! luckily realised i had no interior lights so thought battery, red one was off floating in thin air - panic over !!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine did exactly the same, washed it and drove to the local co-op parked right outside on the double yellows, ran it and out hoped into car - nothing ?? and all them awful thoughts go through your mind !!! luckily realised i had no interior lights so thought battery, red one was off floating in thin air - panic over !!
Certainly grabs your attention for a few moments doesn't it :lol:

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
1st ever big run out in my 1st GTV had every warning light on the dash on at sometime, all out by the time i got home..:lol:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes V6 Spider so you won't overtake me on a meet again.

Sorry - did not mean to hijack the thread.
haha... wouldnt hold ur breath mate having some serious mods done light fly wheel and clutch and the 3.2 inlet cams oh and it all setted up haha.. not to add the 100 bhp noz as well im goin old school... lol

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Now that would of had my BP going up :)

The 1st week of my 1st Alfa, GTV, was a nightmare, every noise/rattle/grumble had me panicking, it was also slow/rubbish/handled badly,,,,,,,,then i realised i was no longer in my insane yet civilised scooby, adjusted my driving and hit the engines sweet spot going for a gap in traffic, bloody awesome little car........you can have the remains of my 1st Alfa love for 75 quid.......:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts