Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was talking to Stef about modifying the Selespeed Paddle Shifters behind the steering wheel.

I still use the gear shifter rather than these paddles because I feel the gear shifter (leather) feels much more aggressive and quality than the very cheap feeling, plastic paddles behind the wheel.

I'm wondering if it would be easy enough to get a custom bodywork shop to fabricate some awesome new shifters that look exactly like the ones on a Ferarri. It shouldn't be too hard don't you think? Better for shifting in corners as there is more surface area. Here's what I mean:

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
It would certainly be nice, but I don't think there is a cheap solution in the after market.

In the beginning of the year the grey paint of my steering wheel paddles got loose. And the dealership had to replace the whole steering wheel(!)

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
i've seen after market paddles for the 156, i think it was on a japanese site, i'm not sure though!

maybe they also did it for the 147 now? i remember they had bigger paddles, Ferrari-like!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
What type of paddles do you mean?? I didnt catch your drift from all the pictures! :D

Most shifters are big ones like the ferrari ones... so i assume it should be easy enough to get some!!

Nick them from the VAG parts bin and blue tak them ontop of your existing ones! wink

·
Registered
386 Posts
No!!!! Those shifters on the Ferrari look awful! I like the smaller more subtle shifters that the 147 has on it's steering wheel. To me they feel great, and nice attention to detail...slighttly rubbery on the back, and excellent positioning for comfortable driving.

They're already perfect in my opinion!

M

·
0 Posts
As Justin mentioned, I have been after some paddles for over 12 months.

I even contacted a Ferrari dealer in Melbourne to see if they can retrofit the units from the F360 Modena, but seems these units are bolted to the steering column.

My favourite would be for a set like the one's below:

Brushed aluminium (as with the external door handles), with some type of rubber grip on the back.

Stef

M

·
0 Posts
Somthing like that, except for 2 things:

1. This is only compatible with 156, not 147. This unit bolts onto the steering coloumn. I would prefer somthing on the steering wheel as with the current paddles.

2. Something a little less baulky. This seems to be a big mama. I just need well finished paddles to screw on the steering wheel in the housing of the existing paddles.

Stef

ps: Thanks for the pic btw.

·
0 Posts
Hm... New paddles! Hi Stef, long time no see! wink

I likes my paddles the way they are methinks, haven't seen any good aftermarket ones...

·
Registered
386 Posts
With you on that Ulf. I like how the 147 ones are small...and the fact they light up at night/in the dark is cool too.

Jono

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Ulf did you get the pics of my 147 I sent the other day...for your site?

Just checking :)

J

·
0 Posts
selespeed : In the beginning of the year the grey paint of my steering wheel paddles got loose. And the dealership had to replace the whole steering wheel(!)
, I've the same problem and though it was possible only to change the paddle.... I'm not very satisfied with the idea of changing all the steering wheel.....and perhaps getting many problems with radio buttons....

The idea of ferrari paddles is great !

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Jono:

Just checking :) Hey dude! I probably did, I have a few in the line waiting, just did a major update yesterday! :) I'm sure yours will be on the site in the next few weeks! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Originally posted by 147dude:
Originally posted by Jono:

Just checking :) Hey dude! I probably did, I have a few in the line waiting, just did a major update yesterday! :) I'm sure yours will be on the site in the next few weeks! :) No worries...wasn't sure if the email actually went (Outlook reported errors sending for some reason).

Jono

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this a very old thread but in case someone was looking for paddle shifters, I made this 3D printed ones on the weekend. Pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know this a very old thread but in case someone was looking for paddle shifters, I made this 3D printed ones on the weekend. Pretty happy with them.
Cool! Nice to see other people here that are also into 3D printing. I 3D printed my paddle shifter extension a while back, it came out flimsy because I designed to be too thin, so I covered it with scrap carbon fibre thread, it turns out pretty well, it looks kinda like Lamborghini forged carbon fibre.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts