Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just noticed that there is no option in the drop down list for 'Bath' (as in the city, not the bathroom!) - is there a reason why this is not there, or is it intended to be covered by another county/bigger city in the list, or just geuinely missed off?

Bristol is the nearest option and I guess that the guys here from Bath will have to just go with that?

(This has nothing to do with the fact I'm moving out that way soon! :p)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew you would return with some witty retort! :rolleyes:

:lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it more rhyming with witty then? :lol:

·
Registered
38,248 Posts
I noticed the change earlier. It seems a bit of a retrograde step if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Sorry to be blunt, but I speak as I find.

P

·
0 Posts
I don't mind being UK (but I would like to be Scotland, UK if at all possible) :D

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I'm still in County Durham. :smug:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
I'm not changing mine cause I like it that people can see what part of the UK I'm from.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Are 'we' getting anywhere with this yet chaps?

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
It made me change last week when I updated the new car.

Not happy losing my Manchester location tag. :( It's good knowing whereabouts everyone lives IMHO.

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Are 'we' getting anywhere with this yet chaps?
It's not broken, its's not meant to display the local location at the moment.

Until we hear back from our data protection officer, we are unable to display real time locations hence why google maps are now unavailable on AO. Unless you want to start having disclaimers all over the place, we will have to wait and see what happens when the licence is received.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's fair enough Ian. So is it the case that if Joe Public chooses to make his/her location known to others it's fine, but as a forum, you cannot forcibly show anyones listed location due to the possible contraventions of the Data Protection Act?

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
That's fair enough Ian. So is it the case that if Joe Public chooses to make his/her location known to others it's fine, but as a forum, you cannot forcibly show anyones listed location due to the possible contraventions of the Data Protection Act?
All companies no matter ow big or small have a responsability to protect personal identifiable information held on its databases, we are simply doing that right now until we get clarification from our advisor. I am confident you will all see the return of local location info on your posts at some stage. :thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
At least I now understand, thanks. I appreciate the need for caution.

Nonetheless, it is a non-sensical interpretation of the Act when you think about it.

(a) it is relatively non-specific as to area never mind address, (b) it is a personal choice so some choose unreal/silly locations and are not prevented from doing so and (c) most importantly IMO, everyone goes by their user name rather than real name so there is no disclosure of personal details on the forum.

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
I know it's a pain for all our friends in other countries, but is it not possible to have the 'Club Regions' as an option for the UK-ers Ian?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts