Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of or had experience of the Mangoletsi Modifica performance packages ?

They are offering Coil spring lowering package fully fitted including alignment which doesn't affect the warranty at Mamgoletsi for ............... wait for it ............................................
£930

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Anyone heard of or had experience of the Mangoletsi Modifica performance packages ?

They are offering Coil spring lowering package fully fitted including alignment which doesn't affect the warranty at Mamgoletsi for ............... wait for it ............................................
£930
A grand just to lower it slightly?! seems rather a lot considering most of the time we are not gonna notice a difference driving wise, and will sitting in it driving it rather than looking at it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A grand is a lot agreed, I can get it done for half that elsewhere but is it worth it for the warranty ?

It will lower it quite a bit and affect the handling ( and improve mpg apparently ) as it lowers it 25mm from the early cars height which is probably already 25mm lower than the later model cars .

Plus I think looks do matter - isn't that one of the reasons we buy Alfas because they look better than BMW etc ?

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,235 Posts
When I installed the so called Modifica engine tune to get rid of the famous 2.2 JTS hesitation and air filter on my 159 a few years ago I ended up with a very rusty air filter. They are over priced and poor quality mostly. You might get a free mangoletsi sticker on your boot though which will be worth the expense ?

Honestly though you will be fine lowering from someone reputable like AHM Alfacare. I hope you don't throw money down the mango tree.

Reactions: Spider95

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I installed the so called Modifica engine tune to get rid of the famous 2.2 JTS hesitation and air filter on my 159 a few years ago I ended up with a very rusty air filter. They are over priced and poor quality mostly. You might get a free mangoletsi sticker on your boot though which will be worth the expense ?

Honestly though you will be fine lowering from someone reputable like AHM Alfacare. I hope you don't throw money down the mango tree.
Thanks Metalgod

I wonder what springs Mangos use ?
they say they are TUV approved

·
4,235 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio
527 Posts
A grand is a lot agreed, I can get it done for half that elsewhere but is it worth it for the warranty ?

It will lower it quite a bit and affect the handling ( and improve mpg apparently ) as it lowers it 25mm from the early cars height which is probably already 25mm lower than the later model cars .

Plus I think looks do matter - isn't that one of the reasons we buy Alfas because they look better than BMW etc ?

So 5cm lower than my ‘18 plate which already catches the odd speed bump and the spoiler has mounted two low kerbs.

I am £200 down on smart repairs as a result of the low front spoiler already.

£930 to increase the chances of damage to your car seems like a terrible deal to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spider95

·
Registered
793 Posts

I had that done on my brera. They soldered a resistor into the wiring loom which broke and left me stranded one day. A while later I found the cone air filter had rusted so much that the element was rolling around on the undertray and probably had been for months.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts

£930
You really don't want to do this and certainly don't want to take it there.

·
4,235 Posts
I don't see what the deal is but to lower the higher new models to earlier model heights. I have had no issues with kerbs or bumps.

·
Registered
40,535 Posts
Ride height and ramp angles are not set at random by a manufacturer. I see people writing ridiculous things about the Giulietta looking like an SUV but I grounded mine just once on a country lane and wouldn't want it to happen regularly. Perhaps getting a Stelvio will help as some clearance is designed in!
The raised ride height of the latest Giulias is obviously an indication of some complaints from owners of earlier cars.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio
527 Posts
I don't see what the deal is but to lower the higher new models to earlier model heights. I have had no issues with kerbs or bumps.

No scratches at all on the underside of the front spoiler? If so I think you will be in the minority, judging by the feedback on the AROC Giulia register group on Facebook.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So 5cm lower than my ‘18 plate which already catches the odd speed bump and the spoiler has mounted two low kerbs.

I am £200 down on smart repairs as a result of the low front spoiler already.

£930 to increase the chances of damage to your car seems like a terrible deal to me!

OK maybe not 5cm
if the pack height difference of the springs from the early to late models is 13mm plus the 25mm lower with the eibach that's 38mm from the high model which should be ok

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio
527 Posts
OK maybe not 5cm

if the pack height difference of the springs from the early to late models is 13mm plus the 25mm lower with the eibach that's 38mm from the high model which should be ok

Maybe I have been unlucky but I have grounded the front spoiler on a friends drive and on a kerb in a hospital car park. I would hate to think what extra damage would have been caused if the car was 38mm lower.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe I have been unlucky but I have grounded the front spoiler on a friends drive and on a kerb in a hospital car park. I would hate to think what extra damage would have been caused if the car was 38mm lower.

Is yours the late high model ?

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio
527 Posts
Is yours the late high model ?

I believe so. Registered March ‘18. I think the front spoiler is disproportionately low compared to the rest of the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts