Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been discussed in the 159/Brera & new Spider lounge but how long will it be before new Alfa's are just too BIG to fit in modern garages:eek:

See these two pics to see what I mean:wow:

The GT slips in easy enough whereas the broad 159 just about makes it:(

Also notice the Italian flag badges I stuck on earlier. I think Iput the one on the T too high:eek:

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
This was a reason I opted for the GT over the 159.

The GT fits, but without the strategically placed foam on the wall ;) , that too would be a struggle.

The 159 would be to close for comfort.

You're garage seems a little wider than mine though. :confused:

Tape measures at the ready. :lol:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Also notice the Italian flag badges I stuck on earlier. I think Iput the one on the T too high:eek:

Cheers,
Non standard badges SR whats the deal ......:tut: :tut:

A

·
0 Posts
personally i believe smaller cars will be the future and bigger cars such as the 159 will no longer be the norm.

·
Administrator
46,103 Posts
It's not the cars fault, it's the bloody builders putting garages on which aren't fit for purpose, just so they can advertise the house as having one.
I have a detached garage, which you would think would remove some of the space issues - but no. You can get a car in it, but the passenger has to get out first, as you have to park right against one wall, and still need foam pads on the other wall in order to be able to open the foor to get out.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
just like Bazza said.....builders just want to state 'wth garage' etc.....absolute garbage really....

I don't have any garage....:cry:

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It was on Radio 4 News a couple of weeks ago, we have the smallest dwellings in Europe.

So we were paying over the odds for the smallest buildings. We love paying over the odds us Brits. Perhaps the old class system means we buy into all the marketing BS, rather than seeing how things really are.

Perhaps with a bit of selective breeding we can get rid of the 'please stitch us up, we're British' gene?

I have an old Parkers used price guide to hand from August 2000.

It there they say that a 166 is 6' 11''

Oddly checking elsewhere the V6 166s are 15mm wider than the TS?

Bigger mirrors for better spotting the flashing blue lights in?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Once you have driven the car in the next part is trying to get out without smaking the door on the wall.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I work in the building trade m8 and it's not that alfa's are too big. It's all cars in general. It seems that they're only really built for storage in mind :lol:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I work in the building trade m8 and it's not that alfa's are too big. It's all cars in general. It seems that they're only really built for storage in mind :lol:
`I`M with you on this one,Alfa156Male.:)

By the time I park the grand childrens
bikes skateboards,scooters etc;
ITS FULL, :(

John.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
`I`M with you on this one,Alfa156Male.:)

By the time I park the grand childrens
bikes skateboards,scooters etc;
ITS FULL, :(

John.
Yeah John "the grandkids":rolleyes: :lol:

·
Vendor
46,116 Posts
I don't understand it, we chuck all our worthless crap in the garage and let our pride and joy sit outside in all weathers.. :loony:

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Aye! They're cheap now.. :)

I think garages are the same size they've always been.. just that cars are bigger.

I was behind a Triumph Dolomite one day this summer.. it used to be Triumph's family car in the 70's .. I swear it was narrower than the Missus' Chinkycento I was driving.. Well.. it was "as wide".. but not by much.

Partly the cars are bigger to be safer but also I think we now insist of travelling about with all our belongings in the car too.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Cars have got lardy.

Look at the Volvo 850 and the Ford Sierra. They look positively dinky when a modern 'hatch' is parked next to them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts