Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. We're on the look-out for an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (manual) in the Scotland area – or be willing to drive to Scotland for a 9.30am start. We're running a two-car test between it and a Mk4 Golf R32 and we'd like some spectacular Scottish roads to use as a backdrop.
We won't be doing any Top Gear-style silliness though the cars will be insured. The journalist will drive the car for handling impressions etc, but again nothing stupid. We're not too concerned with modified cars though we would prefer the less visually changed but the uprated diff/brakes etc are a good thing to have, so that'd be great. Fuel will be refunded and food will be provided. We'd be looking to do this shoot in July.
Interested? If you drop me an email via [email protected] that'd be great.
Thanks,
Nathan Chadwick
Acting Managing Editor, Modern Classics magazine

(PS. If you've been reading Modern Classics, what do you like/dislike?)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hello all. We're on the look-out for an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (manual) in the Scotland area – or be willing to drive to Scotland for a 9.30am start. We're running a two-car test between it and a Mk4 Golf R32 and we'd like some spectacular Scottish roads to use as a backdrop.
We won't be doing any Top Gear-style silliness though the cars will be insured. The journalist will drive the car for handling impressions etc, but again nothing stupid. We're not too concerned with modified cars though we would prefer the less visually changed but the uprated diff/brakes etc are a good thing to have, so that'd be great. Fuel will be refunded and food will be provided. We'd be looking to do this shoot in July.
Interested? If you drop me an email via [email protected] that'd be great.
Thanks,
Nathan Chadwick
Acting Managing Editor, Modern Classics magazine

(PS. If you've been reading Modern Classics, what do you like/dislike?)
Hi Nathan,

I don't have a 147 GTA but I thought I'd give you my feedback on the magazine. I have bought all three editions (although I couldn't find the second one in the shops) and found it to be absolutely top notch - my favourite car magazine by a mile. I love everything about it - no negatives. There is just one major problem - it doesn't come out every month. Please, please. please make it monthly as soon as you can.

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
yep, it's a nice 'new' magazine, I've enjoyed the first few, fresh thinking and auto journalism...the only thing I'm not keen on is the paper ... A shame you're not down my way as I may have some 'toys! for future articles....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I like the magazine as well Nathan, have bought most of them. I agree with a comment above though, the paper feels a bit newspaper like in quality. Other than that, all good. It wouldn't stop me from buying it to be honest.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the office is based in Peterborough and we shoot all over the uk. In this case the journalist is in Scotland, which let's be honest is an amazing playground for photography. However, we're really interested in what you have...

And for all - thanks for the kind comments. The paper decision is above my pay grade I'm afraid, though I do like the cover feel. As for the frequency - watch this space ;)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Following the mags Facebook page and have bought some of the issues. I'd echo the thoughts about paper quality but like the balance of the views put forward and the offbeat car choices.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
147 GTA (manual) - check
In Scotland - check
Unfortunately car has a few niggles that I may not resolved come July.

Maybe I can be reserve

·
Administrator
46,741 Posts
We do have digital – more details at Modern Classics.

(Apologies mods if that's taking the urinary flow)
Nah - more than happy for you to answer a direct question. Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Nathan

Feedback wise, I like the format, there's a bit of repetition from other stories over the years, but I think that's more about me than the magazine...the paper quality is a bit lower than comparable mags though, is that intentional? I also wonder how rich the hunting ground is, what you define as a "modern classic" vs a "classic classic", & whether you'll be able to sustain longer term? Can't help with a 147, but if you're ever after a 156 GTA SW & in the New Forest/Dorset area, I might be able to help ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts