Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Modern Classics magazine is on the lookout for an Alfa Romeo 156 V6 2.5 saloon or sportwagon for a photoshoot next Tuesday (10/05/16) in the Cambridge area (UK). Ideally it would be a manual.
It's part of a four car test on practical sporty modern classics and the other cars are a Honda Accord Type R, Volvo S60 and a Ford Mondeo ST200. The day would start at 9am and go till about 5pm. Fuel will be refunded, fuel will be provided and the cars will be insured by our publisher. There'd be no Top Gear-style stupidity – any driving will be low-speed stuff for photography. Interested? Let us know by calling 07738 527 323 or by emailing [email protected]
Thanks,
Nathan Chadwick
Acting Managing Editor, Modern Classics magazine

(And if you've read Modern Classics, what do you make of it?)

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was only thinking , about a year ago that the one magazine i really wanted to read, about modern 80's, 90's cars didn't exist.

Yes. Classic cars have some interesting features but i personally don't care too much for crusty old 50's Rileys and Austin Westminsters.
Then up pops Modern Classics and yes, its an absorbing read, plenty of Alfa content, not too fussed about the Jap stuff but i realise you can't please everyone all of the time.

Nathan if you're listening , can you possibly consider publishing every month instead of the current bi-monthly ?

cheers , Tony

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great mag. Good luck with this, if I had one you could use it

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the kind comments chaps. If it's not too pluggy (apologies mods if so), there's interesting stuff in the current issue for GT, GTV, 147 and 145 owners...

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
If I was vaguely near the Cambridge area you could have mine. (Saloon, manual, looks standard on the outside, suspension is somewhat...improved) - but 150 miles each way is a bit much and I'm working!

I'll look out for the magazine. There is definite niche here. At one level there is bangernomics shed driving. Then there is driving something older, but still modern, and looking after it properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts