Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pinged into my inbox at work - I *think* it's called Modern Classics magazine, features this month a test between 75 V6 and the 190 Cossie. It really is a 'plus ca change...' review... the conclusion is now as it was when these cars were new 30 years ago; Head v heart. The review presents a great overview of both cars and is a good read (bar the nonsense about the 'sport' gearbox on the Taxi. There is no such thing. It's Standard (slow) or Economy (even slower)).

Of the two? I never warmed to the 190 Cossie, and I'd have that 75 V6 in a heart beat. Busso beats Bruno here :)

https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.u...-alfa-romeo-75-v6-vs-mercedes-benz-190e-25-16

Reactions: Fruity

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nice article, makes me want to test drive a 75! I was an avid reader of car magazine and remember them raving a bit about the 75 at the time. Don't fancy a sports saloon with an old tech auto like the merc , though!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Not likely to get much unbiased opinions here. Wow. The 75 must be the most beautiful ugly car of all time! That H reg is simply stunning.

The Merc's not a bad car but the 2.5 is all Benz (although copied from the 2.3 Cosworth engine. It is just not a car I ever warmed to though. (plagiarism completely unintended)
Yes, a proper Alfa is flawed gem and the 75, even under Fiat ownership, is one of the most Alfa Alfas.

It remains one of 2 things I would like to again have in my life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts