Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know whether anyone on this forum has had any experience with these guys, but in the absence of Borbet 'C's, the six spoke wheels they have are the best looking I have seen on a 156 for a long time (IMO) :cool:

Madeno Racing

They also do some quite good suspension upgrades as well. :D

Also, what's the deal on importing from Holland?

Do we have to pay UK VAT? Howz it work, anyone Know?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Have had a look at this site before and it looks like a propper all out race car site! Great stuff:) Great big prices:(

·
Registered
431 Posts
Madeno is well known over here for their hardware upgrades (suspension, brakes etc.) But there wheels are way to expensive in my opinion, since they simple are rebranded ATS Wheels. Only downside is that the 5 spoke wheel isn't available from ATS anymore..so you're stuck on Madeno if you want them or try to find them secondhand on a Dutch Alfa forum....

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
They've had the same wheel design for many years and their stuff does seem pretty expensive

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you take off the 19% Dutch vat its not so bad, though I agree they are pricier than some.

It all looks pretty high quality though.

That's the root of my second question about importing stuff!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don't know about the UK regulations, but what I do know, that when I buy something in the UK on a personal note (so not as a company), I have to pay the VAT of the country where I purchased the goods so UK VAT, and no Dutch VAT.

So my best guess is that the other way around is the same, you pay Dutch VAT and not UK VAT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts