Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice needed. Sorry bit of a long story but I need to do it.....I hope you can bare with me, I am going somewhere with this, I think. Hopefully someone here is experienced with the following and can give some advice.

So I had a Giulietta Cloverleaf brand new in 2011 when they came out...it was beautiful... Alfa red, full sunroof, oversized exhaust upgrade, rear fins in between the exhausts upgrade, bose system, sat nav,...the works, 32k plus worth of alfa. Something I probably wouldn't do with my own money due to devaluation but with a company lease I had to get as much Alfa as I could get away with....you know it makes sense ;) As I say it was a lease car as my company car... and it was a real head turner... to this day I have still only seen a few QV's and none that looked as special as mine if I do say so myself. Unfortunately I left the company after 8 months of having the car... I nearly didn't leave to the much better job just because of the car. But the new company told me they would match my car deal, and so I resigned and went to the new company. The new company is based in Germany. Much to my disappointment it turned out they couldn't get me a lease in the UK because they had no UK office... no one would do it. So instead, the company offered me a decent allowance to the same value. So with my new allowance I looked at Alfa's but since this was going to be my car and not a lease I couldn't do it, as I knew it would devalue tons as they were still quite new.

So in the end I got me a real nice VW Golf GTI Edition 30 which my friend had from new and is a really awesome car (sorry for the blasphemy but it is...fact). He had spent about £4k on the Ed30 and got it a stage 1 remap, miltek exhaust, Sachs race clutch, S3 intercooler, H&R springs, K&N induction kit...and a few other little things. All done by APS motor sport near Silverstone and done properly.. I never drove it when it was standard but as it is it is just a complete monster of a car. 320BHP and 333lbft. Any way I love the way the Ed30 drives and eats everything in its way for breakfast...and it looks mean too. Sorry to gush over the golf on a Alfa forum but it is awesome....and will help you to see where I am going, hopefully.

Anyway, I've done 50k in the Golf and 100% reliability even with these mods no problem...but its time to move on (the golf is still worth what I pad for it 2 years ago which is a major result). So I had a quick look at QV's out of interest and I can see they have devalued tons in the 3 years, as Alfa's do. This is good news though, I am really tempted to pick another one up... but also do not want a step back in terms of performance.

The QV is just beautiful and with a few external mods to separate it from the standard QV, which is also nice but am disappointed the QV looks exactly the same as a standard one with the sportiva package...in my opinion it should have a few things to set it off as the hot hatch it is. But that is easily fixed.

So here is the point of what has turned out to be a long probably pointless story (I hear cheers lol). And also where I need someone who know the GTI Ed30 so knows what i am talking about...(its very different to a normal GTI)

My perfect car right now would be a QV with the performance to match my GTI Edition 30... Does anyone know first of all if this will ever be possible and what it would take. I want the performance, noise, handling of my Golf, but in a QV.. I am prepared to spend 3 or 4K on modding it...but only if the QV is comfy at that level like the Ed30 is...I dont want to push it to a point where I kill it in a few years and make it unreliable.

Anyway, sorry for the long story but it felt good to release it...I do miss my QV but equally want a car as good as my Ed30....

I would love to hear from anyone with a well modded QV to see if worth it, what the difference from standard is etc.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
having come from a tuned stage 2 GTi some 3 years ago to the GQV...andm y bro in law also driving a stage 2 GTi i agree...no other hot hatch comes close, but they are damn boring!

To get to your Ed30 you need to speak to LJ GQV...he will point you in the direction for the software, exhaust, intake and intercooler all in one place!

And the GQV's 1750cc Turbo just sounds better than the Miltek'd Golf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts