Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out the best place to put a mobile phone in the car? don't like the ones that have a suction cup onto the dashboard. The cup holders hold my phone at the moment, but I don't like the wire running from the USB port.

GQV 2015 plate.

thanks

·
Registered
2010 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm2
982 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My wife's hands are busy with her phablet (games) and tablet (facebook & whatsapp) and struggles when her phone rings.......
I dropped my 8.4" phablet which fitted perfectly in the opening of the dash box.
Now I use a 10.4" tablet on a magnetic holder with suction cup on the lid of the dash box.
Amazingly it holds in portrait mode with a single plate (2"x3" approx).
Split screen mode: Sygic navi on upper 2/3, music player on bottom third showing cover, song, album, artist, year of original release, etc . All comfortably legible and operable.(y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use one that clips into the air vent and holds the phone in portrait, works pretty well and if you shift the phone high enough you can even have some dash cam:

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Speciale 1.4 TB MA 150 Manual
12 Posts
I’ve got one of these Brodit ProClip with the appropriate phone cradle attached to it.

It slips into the gaps in the dash trim, by using a supplied tool to open the gap a little.

No glue or sticky pads, no horrible suction cups on the windscreen, no scratched or obstructed air vents.

It’s not cheap when you add in the phone holder, but is well made, looks good and works.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use one of these:

A few quid on Ebay. They fit into the vent slot (probably a good idea to the the vent off when you've got the heater on).
Works very well.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Found this today in a B + M type shop 6.99 does the job and charges too, I'll only use it on odd occasion so don't mind the cable from glovebox, I'm moving to a new area so will be handy until I learn the roads

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All cracking holders ideally I would like something that doesn’t obstruct the SatNav or would fit in the cup holders

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s another reason I chose the Brodit; you can still see all of the satnav screen (although I use the phone for nav anyway), and use the vents. The charger lead can be hooked to the right of the right hand knob, so that doesn’t trail over the screen either.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That’s another reason I chose the Brodit; you can still see all of the satnav screen (although I use the phone for nav anyway), and use the vents. The charger lead can be hooked to the right of the right hand knob, so that doesn’t trail over the screen either.
What else is needed? I have seen the plate but what else is required to hold the phone in place? Do you have a pic of yours? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
What else is needed? I have seen the plate but what else is required to hold the phone in place? Do you have a pic of yours? Thanks
Sorry, the website isn’t the clearest; if you click the link I put up yesterday, the first thing you need to do is select your phone make and model, which takes you to the various phone holders available for that phone, depending on whether your phone has a case or not, and whether you want the holder itself powered via their own cig lighter cable etc. Mine is what they call passive, I.e. it just holds the phone and I use a standard lightning cable into the phone.

When you’ve selected the phone holder you want, you need that and the Proclip as well. The phone holder screws onto the Proclip, and allows you to tilt and swivel the phone while the Proclip remains fixed solidly in place.

I like the solidity of it, there’s no vibration or rattling. It’s not cheap but as I said it’s well made and looks good.

I’ll post a pic later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some pics as promised, hope these are ok. Apart from the ones on their side, sorry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts