Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

Wondering if you could shed some light... getting fustrated with my Mobile Broadband and mobile phone bills with Orange.

To cut a very long story short - Does anyone know and easy way of getting out a contract that doesn't finish until April 2012?

Any any options for Broadband that doesn't tie my into contracts (in rented and not sure what will happen in 6months to a year)

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Normally to get out of a contract early... you need to settle up front, pay the contract off etc.

As for broadband deals.... my son recently took a 9 month contract (internet access only) with virgin media :)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
You can get PAYG broadband...

£19.99 for modem, then £10 for 1GB, £15 for 3GB, or £25 for 7GB top-up with Three
The Three* Pay As You Go package gets you the same service as you'd get on a contract, with the same standard data costs, but you're not obliged to pay every month. Unfortunately, top-ups expire after 30 days, making this less competitive than it could be for infrequent users, but if you get the modem at a good price then it's still a good deal.

There's one major major caveat though; to get anything like the full value of your top-up, you must convert it to an 'add-on', using the my 3 service online. Otherwise, you'll be charged £1 per MB you use - that's just 10MB from a £10 top-up, or 100th of the 1GB you paid for. The conversion process is quite simple (here's Three's guide), though it's irksome to do it each time you top up. You can avoid it entirely by taking out a 30-day rolling contract instead, which costs the same.

£29.35 for modem, then £2 for a day, £7.50 for a week, or £15 for a month (3GB limit) O2 PAYG.

Based on a similar principle to Three's offering, O2* goes a step further by offering daily and weekly-expiring top-ups, as well as 30-day ones. They have download limits of 500MB, 1GB, and 3GB respectively. O2's 3G coverage was recently revealed to be amongst the worst in the UK by Ofcom, but you do get its 30-day 'happiness guarantee', so you can send it back if you get crummy reception.

Taken from here: Free Wireless Internet: UK hotspots & cheap 3G mobile web ...

...as for getting out of a contract, it's possible, but normally only within the last couple of months, otherwise they will charge you.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Hey Guys...

Wondering if you could shed some light... getting fustrated with my Mobile Broadband and mobile phone bills with Orange.

To cut a very long story short - Does anyone know and easy way of getting out a contract that doesn't finish until April 2012?

Any any options for Broadband that doesn't tie my into contracts (in rented and not sure what will happen in 6months to a year)
Hi Kim,

On the mobile broadband front, you can only really get out of the contract if you can prove they haven't provided the service you have paid for. Your entitled to walk away, check your T&Cs on the back of the contract you signed for other early termination penalties.

You don't say whether you have a BT landline but if you do then Zen internet do broadband with a 1 month rolling contract.

Hope this helps.

Sean

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys and sorry for my poor grammar I will admit to being half asleep yesterday.

I have now dropped my phone in water today (blaming the long hours at work) so to top it off I need to ring them and see if my insurance is still valid. GRRR
My Mobile Broadband coverage is intermitant at the best of times but thankfully I'm on a 30 day rolling contract with orange as I've been on there service for well over 2 years now... The Three packages I have been looking at on the dongles so will have a look more closely as they seem very good.
I don't have a landline (don't see the point if my lease is up in March) and extra expense so this is why I'm a little stuck..... Need the internet in Winter mostly as if its snowing I can work from home!

The Mobile is another issue but you've answered my question - Looks like a big fee to cancel early. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts