Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ian, i just tried it again, alfaowner.com loads the normal home page we see on the pc, but when entering it does in fact take me to the mobile forums... it must have been something stored in the cache of the phone? it has a full HTML browser and 3.5G connection so normal pages are ok to use on it anyway, but the new mobile version is much quicker on the go!

ill keep an eye on it and report back if it goes back to the 'real' AO again!
Thanks Marko,

My next question was going to ask if you could delete your cache :) Other than speed, loading the normal PC pages from a mobile can be expensive. On the mobile version we have stripped out almost everything to make it fast, easy to read and much cheaper to use when killing time on the move! :)

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

AO

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
since i have unlimited (fair usage policy thing) mobile browsing i have had a good play, the only concern i have came across so far is that if i am replying to a post the box that appears does not scroll down as i type, ie, if i run out of space i can not see what i am typing until the line im writing on is filled, then it moves down one line. on the pc the box auto scrolls as soon as i start a new line, not when i finish one! any chance this can be fixed?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
did you change something mate? It seems to be working now, its not perfect but close enough to use without any problems. It moves down when i start a new line but only by the one line so the bottom of the text i write is cut off. Ideally i think it needs to move down 2 lines when i start a new line, does that make sense? Cheers :)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
did you change something mate? It seems to be working now, its not perfect but close enough to use without any problems. It moves down when i start a new line but only by the one line so the bottom of the text i write is cut off. Ideally i think it needs to move down 2 lines when i start a new line, does that make sense? Cheers :)
Hi Marko,

I tweaked :) Anyhow, I cannot get it to go down 2 lines without affecting the majority, So Ive settled for now as it is.

If its really annoying please let me know and I will have another go.

Regards,

Ian

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i can live with it mate, it just cuts the very bottom of the words off, like the hanging down bits of letters like j, g, q etc

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Just Noticed this thread! (sorry, not been logged in here much lately :( )

This is a great feature! :cool:

I'm posting this from my SPV C500 (on network pass-through at work, as I'm on PAYG ;) )

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I have just seen this too Green but have used my SE P990i to surf AO in some other places besides my office, and I can pick up wireless connections too :)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Well I've ditched the N91 in favour of an E90. It loads pages v. quickly and to be honest I would prefer to use the original site. Any idea how I could do that, as I automatically get the text only version?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts