Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking around our Junction 32 Outlet Mall this afternoon, minding my own business, getting some fresh air. I planned two circuits and then a cup of coffee.

I can see the coffee shop, Thorntons, looking forward to my coffee and chocolate only to be stopped by a bloke shouting into his mobile phone walking across the front of me.

I try to go around him but he does a quick spin, he's again in front of me, blocking my way. I'm pushing a bloody wheelchair for the very first time, with a passenger and getting quite annoyed, they're unruly vehicles at the best of times. It's like sailing an oil tanker, I need time and room to manoeuvre.

Why do people need to be "mobile" while using a mobile phone? stand frigging still while using the phone for christs sake and get out my way.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Long 'walking' stick AKA 'Club' might be handy?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
A wheelchair pushed up the back of an ankle would be unpleasant. Opportunity missed.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always fancied one of those ^^^^^^^^ for walking about town, but more especially around the supermarket for the doddery shoppers.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Always fancied one of those ^^^^^^^^ for walking about town, but more especially around the supermarket for the doddery shoppers.
You mean all those retired folk who although they do sod all during the week always seem to do their 'big shop' on a Saturday!
And don't seem to have a clue what they need.

:furious:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mean all those retired folk who although they do sod all during the week always seem to do their 'big shop' on a Saturday!
And don't seem to have a clue what they need.

:furious:
Can't change their routines. God forbid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts