Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've recently made contact with the former franchisee for the Boksburg Alfa dealer who now seems to be running his own service and repair workshop. One of the services they offer is mobile maintenance and repair.

Yup that mean's they'll come to your house and do an out of warranty service for you. Apparently his mechanic is a guy he brought with him from the dealer who's fully trained on Alfa's.

I'm going to give them a try out for a minor oil and filters service and I'll report back on the level of service etc. I'm going to work from home on the day so I'll keep an eye on the guy and have a bit of a chat with him.

I like this idea for when the car is immobile and if, like me the only decent repair shop is far away (Nutters, Chatz or the Alfa Clinic)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's see!
Don't think there is many guys here that would give something like that a first try.
It's a bit risky I agree, but he's only doing an oil filter, diesel filter and oil change. I know how it's all supposed to work and I've insisted on OE filters and I'll buy the oil so there's not too much that can go wrong. Nice little test for him.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
depends who it is

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
WHats the verdict ?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Well who wants that service I will also do call outs on normal oil and filter services?

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
TN that may just be a brillaint move.... it may take more than just a few hours if you do not set some ground rules.... no beers or sitting around remaniscing about the cars we have/used to have normally speeds the work up a bit :D

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TN I'll MOST definitely use that service. They're charging a R400 ex VAT call out fee. They're only coming to sort me out next week Eric. My work schedule is very heavy at the moment.

·
Registered
322 Posts
For those of the group that don't know, Tony (ex Automate Edenvale & then working with Chris from Alfa and Omega in Boksburg) now works largely on a call out basis. Since Chris moved to the Germiston area, Tony works mainly as a mobile mechanic. He'll come to your house to service your car/s....it's worked well for me

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have a number for Chris or Tony that works. got a serious leak in my bypass hose and a house call would suit me well! Unless u guys can guide me on how to take the hose out myself. Any advise or numbers would be much appreciated!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts