Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys a little help if u can, have a moaning noise coming from my 147, though it was a bearing had them checked, one was changed as it was grinding a little, rest were found to be ok,
It seems to go away at higher speeds but anything up to about 50mph it just becomes unbearable, pardon the pun, any ideas, also seams to go away sometimes when I brake,

·
Registered
305 Posts
You say that it seem to go away under braking...try pulling the handbrake at say 40mph to perhaps eliminate the rear wheels.
Does the noise disappear at higher speeds because it's drowned out by other noise?
Does the noise appear loudest under load, steady speed, coasting, free-wheeling?
Does the noise vary when you turn a corner? i.e., it's there when steering left, but not when steering right around a fast corner.
At this point it could be tyres, CV joint, driveshaft bearing...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's there constantly, seems to be there all the time now, even when coasting free wheeling, I thought engine noise at first, but when hit clutch it was still there,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read about the tyre thing on another thread, going to rotate them at weekend see if it helps,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts