Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my Mito back in August there seems to be a massive amount of them on the roads around Norwich way. There's one on my estate and there are at least 3 of them in the car park I use for work every day. I pass many of them on the roads too. When I went to test drive the car I was told by the dealer that roughly one in every hundred cars on the road is an Alfa so that should give me an idea of how few Mitos there are about. Now I don't really care as if he'd told me that every second car on the road was a Mito I'd have still bought it as I love it but it just left me wondering if there really are more about or if I'm just looking for them more now. Any Norwich Mito owners out there?

T

·
0 Posts
I have seen 6 or 7 today, including one with a very close reg to mine (was yellow with sunroof, quite unusual), but then I have driven 400 miles and seen thousands of other cars!! I think you notice ones like your own, which makes them seem more commonplace, alfas are not really very common!!

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
I remember an old adage of "If you see something unusual, you'll see it again within 24 hrs" :thumbs:

Can spot an Alfa within half a mile nowadays, but MiTo 's are still as rare as rocking horse 'doings' IMO :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not many round this way (Sussex/Kent). I see about three Mitos a week in 300 miles of driving... still very exclusive here!

I'd say you've now two good reasons to leave Norfolk ;-)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not many round this way (Sussex/Kent). I see about three Mitos a week in 300 miles of driving... still very exclusive here!

Yes I guess now Bernard Matthews has passed away there's nothing left for me here. :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know what you mean, there's one outside my flat.... oh wait, that's mine :lol:

Being serious, have seen a lot around but think this is good as it will mean the Alfa stay in business, shame none of the drivers return a wave :mad:

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Being serious, have seen a lot around but think this is good as it will mean the Alfa stay in business, shame none of the drivers return a wave :mad:
Good point!...

Whilst we all appreciate the relative exlusivity of Alfa ownership, we also need Alfa to thrive commercially so that we can look forward to the production of interesting new models :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know what you mean, there's one outside my flat.... oh wait, that's mine :lol:

I agree. Spent the first couple of weeks of Alfa ownership waving to other Alfa owners and they either ignored me or looked at me like I was a complete pillock, (or both). I've given up now. Shame really as my girlfriend said I'd never get a response and I said I would. She's right again!

·
Registered
352 Posts

Well I've just got back from a fortnight's trip to Torridon in NW Scotland, and during
my 1300 mile drive I didn't spot more than half a dozen other Mito's :rolleyes:

So they're still rare in my view.

No probs at all with the car on the trip, despite plenty of weather :(

Averaged over 64mpg, it's good to be home in south Oxfordshire having
last filled up in Fort William :lol: And I drove home via mostly 'B' roads,
otherwise why have an Alfa- they're wasted on motorways :D

Chris

S

·
0 Posts
I'm a new Mito owner (from Sept 61) and I have to say that I never saw (or noticed) a single Mito before I got mine. Now I see a few a day, normally in black. Mine's a 135 Distinctive in metallic red so wave if you see me near Reading.

Yet to see a Cloverleaf, and I normally see a Guilietta a day too. Reassuring to see some old Alfas on the road too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts