Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i'm hoping that you guys can help me,i'm thinking about buying a mito sprint 1.4 tb(105bhp) i'm living in italy at the moment serving with the army and hopefuly within the next week ordering my new mito from the u.k
it's just that i need some advice in conection with reading some of the so called problems that i have been reading about the mito,paint problems e.t.c, it's more than likely that i won't be able to get a test drive before i pick it up is this wise?. ,although i'm sure that i will be happy with my choice i'm just hoping that you guys will be able to give me alittle bit of advice,many thanks Sean.:confused::)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm on my second Mito at the moment, the first was a 1.6JTDM in graphite grey and my present one is a tornado Blue QV and can confirm that i haven't had any problems at all with teh paintwork or anything. They both are a joy to drive. However this is my experience and just one viewpoint, but i would have no worries about ordering a new car for myself.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the quick reply,i'm pretty sure that i'm going for the sprint tb 105bhp,but just unsure of the colour to go for although i don't thinkl i'll be going for the yellow,i quite like the metalic red.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also how big is the boot really? silly question really as i'm nearly about to order it,i must try and get to an alfa dealer later today. many thanks Sean.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you are looking at the red i would look into this in more detail as i've been told that is the colour that chips easier. I get the impression the darker colours stand up better to stone chips, but that isn't a educated impression though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
it's more than likely that i won't be able to get a test drive before i pick it up is this wise?.
No! It can't be a good idea to buy a car with out a test drive surely?

I love mine but I'm happy to put up with the over firm ride, small boot etc but you may not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally i think the tornado blue is the nicest looking Mito colour out there, but i'm biased. In terms of the boot its mid size i guess. You can get 2 suitcases is all i can think to explain it? Oh it was gets my golf clubs in but i need to take the woods out. Hope that helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys for the replys,at the moment i drive a 1999 subaru impreza sport,so i think the mito is going to be a joy to drive segmito, another silly question is the tornado blue metalic? thanks Sean.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The test drive might be a problem as i live in italy and i'am buying the car from the u.k,but as i said i'll do my best to get to an alfa dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep the blue is metalic. Your best bet is to go onto autotrader website and look at a few colours to give you an idea of the colours properly.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
doing an airport pick up i got four adults (including myself) and two large and one small suitcase in the car, i was very impressed, it has much more space than a mini, one thing though, you state its a tb 105bhp but the 105bhp doesn't have a turbo, its the normally aspirated multiair engine. p.s get an alfa red one, it suits the shape of the car and its an alfa isn't it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doing an airport pick up i got four adults (including myself) and two large and one small suitcase in the car, i was very impressed, it has much more space than a mini, one thing though, you state its a tb 105bhp but the 105bhp doesn't have a turbo, its the normally aspirated multiair engine. p.s get an alfa red one, it suits the shape of the car and its an alfa isn't it?
True i was always looking at the metalic red.:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes it's true; The 1.4 TB M/A (105bhp), is normally aspirated. The "TB" stands for Throttle Body injection, not Turbo Benzina. Don't get confused :tut:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Black paint shows all chips and all marks, aswell is hard to keep clean. Think red is a good colour choice :)

I'd defiently have a test drive before you purchase the car though.

·
Administrator
87,619 Posts
Varese76 can you not look to take a Mito for a test drive in Italy.

The 1.4 TB M/A (105bhp), is normally aspirated.
It's a 1.4 MA 105, there is no mention of TB because there is no turbo ;)

Mito 14 MA 105.JPG

The "TB" stands for Throttle Body injection
No it doesn't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts