Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ideas please!

Just returned from 3 week holiday to find my little Mito doesn't want to open. None of the doors will open with the key fob, there are no lights or noise. The boot will not open with pressing the badge.

Unless I am doing something fantastically wrong the normal key in the drivers door doesn't seem to open either.

It's not been cold here. Would battery problems affect even the normal key? Typically the car is 6 days out of warranty.

Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Daft question - your Mr's hasn't got an Alfa as well and you've picked up her keys by mistake?

If the car battery is flat then the windows won't drop when you try and manually unlock which might also mean that the doors won't open? Not sure about that one though!

Ah!!

"With central locking on, operating the internal handle
of one of the doors will unlock all the doors. If there is no power
(blown fuse, battery disconnected, etc.) the doors can still be locked
manually. As in this case the automatic window opening function
is not available, to open or close the door with the window closed,
apply pressure to the window towards the vehicle interior (see fig.
58), to aid the passage of the window against the trim.
fig. 58"

Try the spare key perhaps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers,

I'll give it a try after work and dig out the spare key.

There are actually a number of Mito owners on the street but I did check to make sure it's my one I'm trying to get in to!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately no success with either of the keys, a quick call to the garage suggested battery voltage problem and to call out the breakdown cover people. I'll update with a solution in case anyone else has the same problem.

I'm in The Netherlands, around 10 Alfa's, mainly Mitos in a two block radius- 3 black in my own street at least. Seem to be very popular round here. About 10 or so Fiat 500s floating around too.

·
Registered
636 Posts
And the breakdown people will need to get in the car to check the battery anyway. As I learnt when my bonnet release cable snapped last August, the only way to open the bonnet is with the handle in the car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts