Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, My daughter has just purchased a Mito 1.4 78bhp , it is one year old and done 7000 miles. After an hour or so of driving today a grinding/whirring noise started to come from behind the dashboard. The more the engine is revved the faster the grinding/whirring noise. The noise comes while at a stand still or moving and in direct correlation with the revs( no revs ,no noise). I opened the bonnet but could not hear the noise from under the bonnet when revved.
Really disappointed for my daughter as this is her first car and it is a very annoying noise once noticed. I can only think it is a bearing of some sort gone but as its only done 7000 miles this would be a surprise I suppose. Anyone else out there had this experience and maybe know what it is. Obviously it can go back to garage she bought it from it if it's something major as she only took ownership yesterday.
I look forward to your responses, all the best

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Posibbly the electronic steering or something simple like a heater flap motor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update that may help others, the noise has been traced to the aircon unit.We are to refuel the unit to see if this cures the noise, will update further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts