Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Mito Twinair 105 bhp

7063 Views 19 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  YorkieSud
Hi,

I appreciate Alfa haven't officially made the Mito available with the Twinair 105bhp engine in the UK yet, but has anyone driven it or know anyone who has in Italy etc?

I drove the old 85bhp Twinair whilst comparing it to the 1.3 Jtdm-2 diesel and wasn't that impressed. Yes it was a lively unit but didn't seem to pull as well as the diesel. Now that there is a 105bhp version coming, i was wondering if the 20bhp increase has made a big difference?

Does anyone have any experience of this engine?

I'm waiting to place an order through my companies lease scheme, and can't wait.

Cheers
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
I have a 1.3 JTDM 95bhp at the moment and I'm test driving the 105bhp twinair tomorrow. I'm a little hesitant as I don't want anything that feels slower than mine. I'm hesitant of getting another 1.3 diesel as they are only 85bhp now.

· Registered
572 Posts
I have a 1.3 JTDM 95bhp at the moment and I'm test driving the 105bhp twinair tomorrow. I'm a little hesitant as I don't want anything that feels slower than mine. I'm hesitant of getting another 1.3 diesel as they are only 85bhp now.
Conclusions are that overall performance is very similar. It certainly needs revving more as the power band is higher but it loves to rev. The JTDM is more relaxing to drive as the torque is so low down and 1st gear on the twinair is very short so you hit the rev limiter in no time.

Although the twinair isn't quiet, it's much quieter than the diesel!

· Registered
572 Posts
Interesting Dancam. I'm switching from the 1.3jtdm to the 105 twinair Sportiva so I do hope fuel consumption won't be too disappointing.

I've always found the 1.3 JTDM too noisy and unrefined so I'm glad to switch to a petrol. The 1.6 JTDM probably would have been ideal but it was too expensive.

· Registered
572 Posts
I've had about 8 diesels in a row and the 1.3 JTDM engine is by far the worst of all of them! It is the smallest and cheapest so not surprising.

I also had a 147 1.9 M-Jet 16v diesel in our second 147 and that was great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.